Posts by Sceptre

Bad news on the RCA800 I'm afraid.   Although I saw teh pre production version some 15 months ago - it is not in production!   You can make the Amperior cable work with a Nokia adaptor, or use the RSA800 without any volume control.  Other than that, your option is to continue 'naked' as in with no controls on the cable!   I have already 'got over this' as I do use my IE800's as a high Q IEM and use either B&O IE3 for open ear phone use, or IE8i for closed ear IM use...
I have both the Lisa III and AHA120. I hear hiss on the Lisa III when using IEMs and believe the AHA 120 to be a superior amp in every way possible (SQ, batt life, size, etc). We are talking quite a few years between these designs and although I am comparing the Lisa III, I have not heard the newer L3 version.
I agree. Hugo does make the IE800 and many other IEMs sing. Regards Sceptre
I haven't done the comparison but am happy driving my JH13s with the AHA120. I don't feel the need to experiment with balanced. I'm sure my soon to arrive (yeah right) Roxanne's will also match well. Very happy for people to try out my AHA120 at a meet or nearby. Regards Sceptre
P7 wins best over ear headphone over at Toms Hardware   http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-headphones,review-1988.html   I'd say that there are better products but maybe out of production or for a much higher price.   Well done B&W.   Sceptre
I would also have trusted Sennheiser to follow through on the production of a cable for a market leading phone.  I saw teh prototype over 18 months ago and find it very strange that they cannot produce it.  How many other headphones do Senn make with iPhone control (including volume) that are a fraction of the price of this cable?   I have bought many aftermarket cables for headphones and IEMs and can state that I am happy with their own 'signature' in that they really...
Many thanks for sharing the pictures and experience with iPhone.   Regards   Sceptre
Please test with an iPhone. If they've stopped development of the RCA800 and you believe the RCS800 works on more than just Android, maybe one will re them all! Please let us know what control you get over an iPhone. Regards Sceptre
Sad to see that the RCA800 IOS cable option is now listed as 'No Longer in Development' from Custom Cables website.   That is a shame. If any custom cable manufacturer would like to contact me with their ability to offer an iPhone volume, call, microphone option for the IE800 then I'm all ears.   Regards   Sceptre
Hmm. Might try my ACS custom tips which were made for my ie8's on the ie800's. I'll try that 2morrow. Regards sceptre