Posts by gloco

Hey guys,            I visited a genius bar and got nothing but "we can replace it for $75" since it's about two weeks outside of the warranty (go figure).  I declined since they only give a 90 day warranty on replacement units.  So, now what? Can this damn thing be fixed?  I have a feeling it can, but for the life of me I can't imagine how you would open one.  I'll check youtube tonight for any vids on it.     In the meanwhile, what's a good replacement for a...
wow, I wonder what ever happened to ken/highwaystar, really nice guy.  
I'll definitely go!  
  Personally, I think both formats are dying.  SACD will never catch on thanks to Sony and it's stranglehold on the technology behind SACD.  Plus, it doesn't help that SACD media is largely composed of Jazz, Classic and Classic Rock offerings only.   Based on info in the Tom Petty link Radioking offered, it has these three audio options:   5.1 96kHz/24bit DTS-HD Master Audio5.1 96kHz/24bit PCM2.0 96kHz/24bit PCM   I imagine the DTS-HD Master Audio track sounds incredible....
Cool, thanks for the rec.  I have that in my amazon wishlist.  And a few other EJ sacd's.  I'm trying to grab anything of interest while it's still affordable.  Seems like any sacd/dvd-a's that go OOP suddenly spike in price in the Market Place.     I also received most of the discs that I ordered and the few I've casually sampled sound excellent.  Glad to get my hands on some pop, rock and classic rock discs.  Too bad there's not more of that genre in the audiophile...
Make sure to leave feedback too.  Other members should be aware of what occurred.  
Hi Guys and Gals,             Looking through the search engine, looks like there hasn't been a thread on Hi-rez audio in years.  I owned several SACD's since 2005 that collected dust before getting my speaker rig in order recently and now I can finally enjoy Multi-channel music discs finally.  Some sound great, some kinda meh.  I'm looking to slowly, but surely, expand my collection of Multi-channel (hybrid) SACD's and pick up whatever DVD-A and BR-audio discs I can...
  DM is an incredibly loud, distorted mess.  I guess they decided to dial the volume to 11.  The Guitar Heroes rip of DM sounds a lot better.  
I'm sure you've read it before if you've done some research on SSD, my desktop boots up in 15 seconds with my Kingston SSD.  It's beautiful.  I've also re-imaged it with Win 7 in 15 minutes.   IMHO, SSD prices have dropped sufficiently to buy one to upgrade from a standard HDD.  Assuming you're in the USA, check Newegg for those sexy Samsung SSD's.  I keep seeing price drops on SSD's on Newegg every weekend.  120GB drives down to $60-80 every weekend for the last...
Have a fondness for light/crisp beers, especially Czech beers.     Some fav's:   Brau Czech Urquell Pilsner   And others:   Menebrea Birra Kronenbourg