Posts by QUADGOD

Hey no worries guys...   So it looks like I shall be using double sided this weekend and having a mess around with the tape output settings on my Quad 44. I had a brief look in the 44 manual (yes actually found one of them) but a lot of the ohm resistance stuff means nothing to me (clear as mud). I will post soon with a brief outline of what it says in the hope someone on here can get me from opaque to translucent if clear is not an option! At least I may have a...
  I doubt this is news to any Stax owner on here but it is really annoying me to the point if I cannot reslove this I will be selling them!   First off is the earpads that presumably have little adhesion so they can be easily removed and replaced. This is fine if they stay in one place once stuck but end up as much as an inch or more from centre nearly every time I decide to use them!   Secondly the design is pretty shabby to allow...
Thanks for the help.   I will try direct inputs then but first will adjust the tape out upwards. On the Quad 44 the tape input/output is fully adjustable so should be ok. I suppose if I managed to find the manual I'd be a little wiser ;0)   I purchased the 3030 (303&313) second hand from the original owner for £220 ($342) at 18 old & barely used which I though a good price for the Uk market.   I do not want to buy new earpads as these are like new apart from...
  I doubt this is news to any Stax owner on here but it is really annoying me to the point if I cannot reslove this I will be selling them!   First off is the earpads that presumably have little adhesion so they can be easily removed and replaced. This is fine if they stay in one place once stuck but end up as much as an inch or more from centre nearly every time I decide to use them!   Secondly the design is pretty shabby to allow the frame to annoyingly creak...
I'm confused. So are my SR-5's like these or better. Or should I say are the SR-5's electrostatics or not? I think he is thinking of asking about £80 ($160) which is probably way too much if they are basic units?
Are the black and silver SR-40's any good and how old are they please? My friend has just offered me his so what should I offer if I like them assuming they are in good condition. I assume I can use them with my 313's?
Guess what the SRD-6 is functioning perfect too Thanks God I did not panick and send them for repair somewhere. Knowing my luck they would have done what you sugested and send them back 'repaired' and charged me a fortune! I realise there is not much to the operation of the 313 but there maybe something in it worth reading Thanks again for all your help. What do you think the SRD-6 and SR5's are worth in excellent condition and obviously working now? Can I assume a...
Quote: Originally Posted by spritzer Good to hear. The channel imbalance is hard to fix but the volume knob on the SRM-313 includes a balance control s that is ok in most cases. Ha ha!! I did not even know that balance control existed! As you know I have not owned them for long and although the headphones had an owners manual the 313's did not so I could do with locating one of them. I have a feeling the balance was not even on the 313's hence...
Quote: Originally Posted by spritzer Since the stators are oxidized then odds are that the charge ring for the diaphragm is so as well. The film nearest to the ear is supposed to be very flexible so that is normal. I could also be that the bias supply in the energizer is dead so if you have the 313 amp yet use that to charge the phones. If the phones had a channel imbalance then the blame would be theirs but low volume on both sides is probably the...
Quote: Originally Posted by spritzer Try leaving the phones plugged into the amp for 24 hours (with it turned on but no music playing though you can have music playing) as they might wake up. It's worth a shot and so is pulling off the earpads and opening them up to see if there is any oxidation on the internal connections. Ok I have taken a look inside and there is no sign of oxidation on the terminals. If looking at the disc part you put your...