or Connect

Posts by Mython

Please read the section entitled 'Connecting Mojo to OTG (microUSB) devices > USB OTG Cables for use with Mojo',  in post #3, where you'll find several USB cable options (and a heap of other useful Mojo information). The Forza Audio Works cable is a popular premium option (although I wish it had right-angled plugs, instead of straight ones, so that it would exert less leverage on Mojos microUSB socket) Be careful you order a cable with the correct connectors on it, for...
  Your point is valid, but, at the same time, everyone is entitled to express their viewpoint, on all sides. FTR, my remarks, although discussing some AK customers, were actually aimed more at deconstructing how calculated iRiver are, towards customers, in their marketing tactics, rather than willfully-directing disparagement towards customers themselves (though I concede that it might not appear that way). I realise it was also necessary to make a bit of a pompous ass of...
I'm curious - why did you feel the need to create a new thread for your question?   Why not just ask the question in the existing Fiio X1 thread?   http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/the-all-new-fiio-x1-192k-24b-pcm5142-dac-and-100mw-output-with-lo-and-inline-remote     All the best!
The irony, though, if AK do go the FPGA route, is that it will make the price disparity between the current most-accomplished FPGA-based pocket device (albeit not a DAP), and AKs pricing, all the more apparent.   Interesting times...
  Well, you make an interesting point, there. My remarks were holding the assumption of no-one interjecting anything further to the equation (jn-between ADC and DAC) than Rob / Chord, since Rob's DAC approach seemingly is a little at-odds with the DAC approach required by MQA (see Romaz's earlier remarks, for example), but I suppose what you propose might be possible. An MQA-motivated third-party might be able to use the raw PCM data from Rob's ADC to create MQA files for...
  Yes; in the sense of not actually conflicting with one another, they are compatible. But, in the sense of fully utilising one another, they are not. i.e. as I understand it, an MQA-encoded music file will play back just fine on one of Rob's DACs, but Rob's DACs (or any other non-MQA DAC on planet earth) will not perform the additional MQA-intended function of calibrating the DAC according to the unique configuration metadata embedded within an MQA file. And, in turn, a...
Sometimes, late at night, I find myself listening to music in languages I can't understand - but there's some great musicianship in some of...
 In what manner do you mean 'compatible with MQA'?
  Nope. Sorry, but I think you have that back-to-front. IMO, AK created a cynically-calculated and deliberately-Freudian marketing strategy to prey-upon wealthy individuals' psychological insecurities. These people may want the 'Ultimate', but, even more than that, they desperately want to soothe their subconscious insecurities, by buying an expensive material object, that they misguidedly convince themselves will help them 'BE the Ultimate', in the eyes of themselves...