Posts by Mython

Just noticed that 1964 are achieving a very substantial  large-bore=>small-bore  ratio with the tubing on their ADEL module:       Or perhaps they are using a moulded plastic manifold, but I can't quite see a definite junction between the two, if that is the case.   Or maybe the ADEL module sits in an unusually deep solid acrylic portion of the shell, with that void (at the junction of ADEL module and it's dedicated soundtube) being moulded or drilled-out of the...
  As an aside to the discussion, I feel it's only fair to point out that many people assume that the high-end Noble artwork is all done by John Moulton, but that isn't true. He has some talented employees in a Chinese lab who do a large amount of the CIEM building, including some of the artwork. This isn't intended negatively. Just giving credit where it is due.   Back to the 1964 discussion, I'm still looking forward to hearing A12 impressions, soon. I hope you will all...
  Yeah... can anyone say 'Calyx-M' ?
Olivia Reynolds (Suphena) may be one to watch in the near future:       Lucy Whittaker:     Thanks to 'Made in Leeds' TV for bringing lots of new talent to UK TV screens.
 Layla is considered true to the recording?  (sincere (& surprised) question)
  Maybe high quality, but I consider 310g to be missing the point of a portable DAP.  Cans users may disagree, but then I don't really view cans as being truly portable, either.    DX100/HDP-R10 = 265g HM-901 = 250g Lotoo PAW Gold = 280g (too heavy, but claws a little merit back, by being uber-high build quality and more compact than HM-901 or DX100/HDP-R10)  I used to own a DX100 and although it sounded great, it was such a heavy brick it was absolutely useless in a...
 I wonder if the very low output impedance necessary for reliable driving of multi-BA CIEMs might be a little counterproductive for controlling dynamic IEMs? I lack the theoretical electronics engineering expertise about such interactions, so I'm merely speculating, here.  But I would prefer a high-end portable DAP to best service multi-BA CIEMs, so if there is a compromise involved, then, personally, it is one I am at ease with.
  Well, it's still somewhat heavy, but I admit 217g isn't as bad as I feared  I'm very impressed with the apparent high quality of the L5 and the Lotoo PAW Gold (and the Cayin N6, to some extent), and I really hope Chinese DAPs continue to deliver this level of quality. Some discussion about this, recently, in the ZX2 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/540#post_11222059
  My interpretation of a horn is that the bore increases until the soundwave reaches the outside world (i.e. the ear canal) i.e.                    small bore => larger bore => even larger bore => exits CIEM into the ear canal.    But I meant         small bore => large bore => small bore => exits CIEM into the ear canal.    I may be wrong, but I don't think that would operate as a horn, would it?    .
  310g  1) Ouch! 2) Pass...