Posts by Mython

Yes, exactly the same thought crossed my mind, but I decided not to mention the very coincidental choice of word  It's not that A&K 'own' the word - it's more that they've tarnished it with Freudian overtones for the rest of the industry, so whenever I see another manufacturer use it, it now makes me cringe.
 Oh, OK, I see what you mean.
  Why do you find that strange? EU tax is not applicable to buyers outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers are likely to be taxed at the applicable rate to their own country, when the CIEMs cross the border into their country.    Fair enough. Obviously, it is still a 5-way, but I was anticipating that the price increase might be indicative of some doubling of some (not all) of the drivers (maybe the tweeters, for example). Having owned the standard SE5, I already know how packed...
I wonder if even more people will have ears too small for the SE5U than with the SE5?  LOL 
 I think you missed my point
  Thanks for the guarantee, but I hope you'll forgive my finding it very hard to believe that's things are that simple in reality.
Touch crowd, huh? 
 Add a 'super capacitor', some copper and gold-plating, and a bigger battery, and several hundred dollars to the pricetag, but leave the underlying silicon hardware pretty-much the same as in the ZX1, and what do you get?  I can't help feeling Sony are just 'smearing lipstick on a pig', as the expression goes.   I'm not impressed at Sony charging $1200 for 15mw pc, and potentially-artificial sound from their proprietary DAC-Amp implementation. I guess we'll find out soon...
 Impedance...
 Sadly, I doubt it. I've seen AR-M2 battery life mentioned as 8hrs, which, let's face it, is... average, much like Cowon's Plenue P1   I appreciate Sony making a proper effort with battery life on the ZX2. I really do. It's just that I think they've gone too far, by crippling the power output to an absurdly-low 15mw pc and by making the ZX2 unnecessarily bulky, by comparison with the ZX1. IMO, a lithium cell in between the size of that in the ZX1 and that in the ZX2 would...