Posts by Mython

Yes, and we all know what a roaring success the Calyx-M has(n't) been...
 You don't need several pairs of CIEMs. You only need one pair. The best pair. The hard bit is figuring out which pair is the best for you!
  Please permit me to share the benefit of some hard-won life experience, Cotnijoe:  1) "No good deed goes unpunished" and 2) "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"  Don't ask me how I learned this. Just trust me                                            
  Because there are significant differences in the size of people's ear canals, that equates to a difference in effective volume of the air chamber formed within the ear canal, when the CIEM is inserted, and, therefore, a difference in the compliance of that captive volume of air, between one person and another. It is not inconceivable that there may also be tiny differences in the size and compliance of different people's ear drums. Since (as far as I understand it), the...
  Another stupid slider volume control which has absolutely no valid purpose on a pocket player, and can even be dangerous to people's hearing (Calyx-M and Colorfly C4, too) Talk about un-learning lessons of the past...
  Hey, you could say crossing the road can cause bleeding & enormous pain (if you get knocked over by a car), but you still stay calm and cross the road many times each day, don't you?   Having ear impressions is not something to be afraid or tense about. It's just something to be sure to have done professionally (no DIY impressions!) and to be well-informed about before you go.
Well, there are so many great artists in this thread (hundreds!). I agree; it can be hard to reliably recollect all of them. But maybe that's even a good thing
Thanks!
 Whilst I am a fan of 128gb cards (and 200gb once the price-gouging abates), they are very, very easy to lose, and it's not really a good idea to keep changing them in and out of the DAP. But I fully support the decision to implement double card slots.   OK, thankyou for the clarification, and that does put somewhat of a different complexion upon things, but it still begs the question of why the 32gb chip hasn't been implemented in both models... There surely isn't an...
  With respect, I find it laughable that Questyle are even differentiating between 16gb and 32gb. Both those capacities are pathetically small for serious Hi-Res usage. 64GB onboard capacity should be considered an absolute minimum for a serious audiophile DAP, regardless of number of card slots implemented on the device. Yes, 2 microSD slots can handle a very respectable amount of Hi-Res material (and I warmly applaud the inclusion of those two slots). All I'm saying is...