Posts by Mython

Back on-topic, Tupac, are you finding this low-volume improvement with the H8Ps?
  There are one or 2 old skool mainstream hip-hop tracks from the 1980s that I don't mind...     Hope you didn't mind that I chose to 'Express' myself
  Actually, the accurate technical reason for your findings is that it's because you listen to rap music. ALL rap music sounds better when played at lower volume. Personally, I find rap music sounds best when it's played at zero volume    Amazing soundstage, and amazing tranquility...
 IMO, it would not be difficult to improve upon the ZX1I like the ZX1 as a very nicely-made and compact DAP, but the sound is not as organic as an audiophile DAP should be. The sound is too 'polished', and it lacks realism because of this. An analogy of this is that if you polish a silver teapot, it keeps it shiny and clean, but you eventually end up losing detail, as the details are smoothed away - so it's best to avoid the temptation to polish it, and instead just leave...
  I didn't take offence with what you said; I was just clarifying, that's all    But, as for Futuresonics.... just don't get me started! 
For the record, when I bought UM's Miracle, I was basically choosing between the (non-FP) JH13, the Miracle, and the ES5.   So please don't think I'm being 'anti-Westone' - I have nothing at all against Westone. I'm simply observing that the $1499 pricetag seems very arbitrary, and I am interested to see how it performs against other TOTL competitors, but reserving the right to be a little skeptical at this early stage.   When I was originally considering an ES5...
To my eyes, that CNET review looks suspiciously more like Westone PR than a genuine review. So blatantly, that I can't believe anyone would take it seriously as a review.   And if retailers can discount approximately $400, right off-the-bat, without even blinking, then that does rather go to show that the $1499 pricetag is [insert expletive here]     But... I'll still be interested to see what real end-users make of the ES60s sound quality, in comparison to other TOTL...
   That's the first I've heard of the ES60, Mim' I'm struggling to see why Westone are charging $1499 for it. Can anyone enlighten me?
It's cool, we won't cancel your membership privileges this time 
  OK, thankyou for clearing that up (I must admit, I was surprised at how much bass I could see in that other FR chart)  Here, then, are the NT6 MK1 and NT6 MK2 charts:    So my remarks about the bass are less valid, but I still stand by my overall remarks about Hidition 'moving the goalposts' by changing the NT6 sound sig.