Posts by Mython

OK...             I had been under the impression that there was only ever one chassis revision, but it looks like Rudi's might be an intermediate chassis revision, since yours (ALRAINBOW) appears to have fractionally more space around the circumference of the yellow coax socket. However, this might, perhaps, be an illusion, owing to the relatively low-res of Rudi's pics, so maybe there really is only one revision (incidental white/black socket colour differences,...
   Ahh, that's one of the perils of sporadically subscribing to this thread I did make the effort to read Rob Watts' informative posts, littered throughout the thread (thanks Rob, for interacting with us in this thread, I enjoy your educational contributions to the discussion), but the thread in general moves so quickly that when one unsubscribes for a while, it's possible to inadvertently overlook the occasional post here and there, even with the sincerest of...
Can someone point me in the direction of (or post) a photograph comparing old and new chassis, from each end?   Maybe I'm asking too soon, but no harm in asking     Thanks
 I'm not sure even UE could justify that kind of outlay, for CIEM production purposes. We all know the prices of 3D-printing technologies will keep tumbling, though, so exciting times ahead...
@ nOtEcH:   True, though.   No denying it.
 James Taylor's laidback album 'Hourglass' (16/44.1) also sound superb on the Hugo. You might also like Ruth Moody's 'In The Garden' And don't forget Van Morrison's 'Enlightenment', 'Poetic Champions Compose', 'Avalon Sunset', 'The Healing Game', 'Back On Top' etc. These all sound decent, even in humble 16/44.1
  I find it fits very nicely into one of these, too:  One can adapt the 3 tassles to hide a USB, Co-ax, and optical lead, respectively.
  Yeah, I took your point, really ; I was just being playful in 'returning your serve' a bit   Truth be told, I'm out of my depth with you lot who have significant experience with CIEM building. For me, it's (thus far) just of casual intellectual interest.
  Just a brief tangent, since you happened to mention it - does anyone here have any knowledge of how the Philips DSD tools (specifically the Protech Audio Format Converter) compare with the likes of Weiss, Izotope, etc., in terms of quality of DSD-to-PCM conversion? I know Weiss is highly-regarded, but if anyone here has experience with the Protech audio format converter, I'd be most interested to hear your viewpoint(s) on its quality of conversion. Cheers.
  Well... Hidition seem pretty keen on ensuring ample treble extension, so there are some (both vendors and customers) who care about this aspect! LOL  And let's not forget that the HD800 you mentioned is rather popular (though not exclusively for it's treble extension, obviously)   NT6 FR chart: http://www.head-fi.org/t/589208/hidition-nt-6-custom-iem-review-the-ultimate-reference/330#post_10597796  NT6 Pro FR...