Posts by Mython

What USB noise issue? The RF issue, with some people's smartphones? That's not limited to Chord's DACs. Not by a very long shot.
   Respecting that Chord are still working on the product, and therefore not demanding instant gratification, doesn't mean I am an apologist.  You have raised some legitimate questions, but a little patience may go a long way. If companies never announced forthcoming products before they were actually ready for release, we would live in a very different world. There are thousands of products announced, around the world, some time before they are actually released. It is...
  I understand that people have questions, and that they would like them answered right now, this minute; this very instant. I wish, in turn, those same people would understand that sometimes a little patience is all that is necessary in order to get what they want. Poly is a work-in-progress, as I understand it (and Chord may correct me on this, if I am wrong), they are very busy finalising the product, and will, I'm sure, be more than happy to provide the desired...
 Chord are not selling a product before people's questions have been answered. Those questions will be answered, and final-release data being provided, in due course, and Poly will be released onto the market, in due course. It doesn't seem "unreasonable" to suggest that people give Chord the breathing space to do what they need to do, in the run-up to the product being released for sale.
  Yes, you can try a Jitterbug, but you could also try a cheap ferrite core/choke around the input or output leads of the Dragonfly, to reduce RFI from leaking into the headphone amp. It's dirt-cheap to give the ferrite core a try, so you have very little to lose by giving it a go: www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Magnetic-Ferrite-Suppressor-diameter/dp/B00MFCLW58 check to find a core with the closest fit to the thickness/diameter of your cable(s). The ones linked above are 5mm,...
  Respect to Tom (and we have been chatting about this, privately, this afternoon), but I would recommend you stick to what is tried-&-tested, by hundreds of Sony customers, to work correctly (genuine Sony WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable for Hi Res Audio Output) You can try alternatives, but the point is that you are increasing your risk of disappointment. It's not that I'm trying to be dogmatic about a personal belief - if you try something that works, then I'll be very...
 I'm not saying you shouldn't be critical at all. I'm saying, for goodness' sake,  have the common courtesy to give Chord some breathing space to bring their product to market rather than bashing them repeatedly, whilst they're trying to do so. I've seen products announced that took one or more years to painstakingly reach release (and some that haven't even done that). Chord announced a product less than 2 weeks ago, clearly and openly telling potential customers that it...
  No. We both know I didn't say that. When a device is developed, it goes through a series of iterations, during that process, with testing-a-plenty, along the way. Chord have been totally open about the fact that Poly is not yet in formal production. Unlike some people around here, I have the good grace to let them get on and do what they need to do, to finalise the product, dotting the is and crossing the ts, rather than berating them for not giving me instant...
  Has it crossed your mind that Chord were developing three seperate products in the run-up to CES? This takes major effort and resources, and Chord is not a huge company with an enormous staff team. Perhaps Chord have been so busy developing the products that they haven't yet had an opportunity to acquire detailed final-release data, and document it? Please, give them a little latitude, and let them bring the products to market instead of impatiently banging on their door...
 Whilst that may be true, no man is an island. Matt, for example, doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, and John has substantial input on some Chord devices, too (e.g. amplifiers). ...and a whole team, behind the scenes.