Posts by Mython

CIEM rehab is useless.I reckon we need to tackle the socio-economic problem of CIEM addiction by getting the pushers off the streets/forums, and in this regard, Average_joe should be considered 'public enemy #1', given that he's a notorious repeat offender with a rap-sheet of CIEM-pushing convictions as long as your arm.His systematic efforts to undermine the attempts of fiscal restraint of CIEM-lovers around the world make him a menace to society and to the financial...
The bite block has 3 dimensions. Some bite the biggest dimension, but I feel that is excessive. Middle dimension always works well for my impressions. Very important to keep jaw muscles relaxed! But bite block generally not used for silicone CIEMs - generally only for acrylic CIEMs (hi-dition are an exception). This is discussed earlier in this thread. ALWAYS check on how YOUR CIEM VENDOR likes impressions to be done, as they will have tailored their processing to suit.
Sumie:  
  Hehe - good for you!  I had a good fit on my UM's, too (they were my first CIEMs). I was speaking very broadly, across the range of good AND bad experiences. CIEMs can be hit-or-miss, depending on a whole host of factors, a major one being how skilled the audiologist is, especially considering how many think they know it all because they've been doing hearing aids, but the requirements for CIEMs are more demanding than those for most hearing aids. But, as I said, I am a...
  Everyone seems to have a differing opinion on this, but, personally, I agree. CIEMs can be a nightmare to get right, but a dream once they're are right.
  No, of course not, nor did I ever suggest as much.    Though we could continue back-&-forth for days, I think this exchange has run it's course. No hard feelings. We are each entitled to our points of view.  
 I've responded to the shill comments, above. As for the casing - I personally dislike the volume control, and I've said as much, publicly, but it is well-known that the oversized openings around the plug sockets are in response to customer feedback that the original snug openings were preventing some exotic interconnects from mating correctly. I also concede that the colour coding can be annoying - most of all, I dislike the lack of labels on any of the...
  No, not at all. I just consider this thread to be very one-sided in it's discussion of the Hugo, and I simply felt inclined to point that out, since I personally consider it to be a decent product made by a decent company. I don't even own a Hugo. I have no stake in the company or the product, but I was loaned one for 7 days and thoroughly enjoyed it. I aim to buy one some time in the future, when I can afford it.  I understand your cynicism, and I actually feel...
  I do think it is somewhat inappropriate when insufficient acknowledgement is given to the very different design briefs of the portable Hugo vs many of the other DACs being discussed. That the Hugo is being appreciated by some customers in quite high-end fullsize hi-fi systems is kudos to Rob's design skills, but it does not necessarily mean that it's open-season to judge the Hugo against fullsize, non-portable DACs without duly acknowledging the significant practical...
  Pardon me - I'm not clear on exactly what you mean. I post artists mostly seperately from each other because it means I can be more specific about how I cross-reference / cross-link them to each other in my 'Also see' sections. Feel free to PM me.