or Connect

Posts by Mython

Please don't think badly of me, but it is 4:20am, here in the UK, and I really do need to go to sleep in a minute...
My guess is that some aspect of your computer performance is exceeding the available resources.
  OK, but which performance parameters have you opened a graph on? is that just the CPU?
OK, well I'm surprised it has no USB 3, with that CPU spec, but putting aside that point, have you run Sysinternals Process Explorer, now?
Incidentally, in a computer as well-specified as yours, you must have a USB 3 port available - have you tried plugging the DAC into that, for troubleshooting purposes?
There's a number of possibilities - I'm not a world-expert on this issue, and I've only started with a couple of possibilities, to get the troubleshooting ball rolling.     If you can see that one of the graphs in Process Explorer is obviously hitting maximum peaks, then you can investigate (also within Process Explorer) what may be responsible.     Are you using other USB devices, on other motherboard ports, at the same time as your DAC?
It'd be worth running Windows Task-Manager  (hold down CTRL-ALT-Delete, simultaneously, and choose 'Start Task Manager')     ...to check the CPU usage graph, when you're experiencing drop-outs:    
And are you using a USB 2 or USB 3 port?
Is this with DSD, specifically, or all formats?
  To be fair, I've never seen a video of a real unicorn posted on youtube, but I have seen a video of a working DX200 prototype posted on youtube, so it doesn't seem entirely fair to imply that the DX200 is mythical: