Posts by Mython

Yes, I do, thanks - not that it actually seems to improve ripping quality, as such. Just checks to see if your rip matches what someone else previously ripped, so far as I can tell
  The price of a decent industry-standard external CD ROM drive is, what, $75? I rip all my CDs using Exact Audio Copy (EAC), because the error correction is very reliable. I cannot reasonably conceive of a more reliable method of accurately ripping CDs, regardless of price (unless one has access to the kind of multi-thousand-dollar industrial-grade drives used by CD replication plants). Therefore, I can't help but think the AK ripping drive is rather gimmicky for all but...
  Agree about the last volume setting at shutdown, although I tend to think of that as pretty standard these days, anyway.  Yeah, it's fine. I wasn't offended or anything - just wanted to nip it in the bud before it spiraled to something worse   As for the AK380 thread... AK haven't changed their attitude towards the DAP-buying public so I see no reason why the DAP-buying public should change their attitude towards AK and their self-serving, exploitative behaviour. Que...
 You said that so casually, but it could be an important deciding factor, for some customers with particular models of CIEM that have impedance curves dipping very low.     I realise that there is not much the development team can do, to change the firmware, until the device is settled into the marketplace, but I have some feature requests, that I would really like to see implemented, in due course:  1) Please can the playlists be made 'safe'? What I mean is that, on my...
Incidentally, FWIW, I would rather see Lotoo DAPs remain less widely-available but with non-greedy dealer margin, than to see them follow the same business model as their most obvious high-end competitor.   Obviously, it is quite possible for wider availability to occur without unnecessary greed slipping in to the supply equation, which would be a happy thing for all concerned.
I'm on the fence, with Lotoo.   I have no allegiance, but I've been told (by someone I trust, off head-fi) that the PAW Gold is a high quality piece of gear, with a competitive SQ  at the top end of the DAP market.   I get the sense that Lotoo may sell the 5000 in some numbers, and re-evaluate their approach to the higher-end of the market. Maybe that may result in the PAW Gold being continued in greater quantity, or slightly updated, or it's technology trickled-down...
Personally, I would not be too concerned about lack of PAW Gold stock, if one is seeking to buy one.   I will not be surprised if a successor to the PAW Gold appears, in a few months time.   Perhaps one with a digital-out.   PAW Gold may have been a first-run, to test the viability of the DAP market, for Lotoo.   (This is only conjecture on my part, so please don't anyone take it as actual fact)
  Well, some people pay a lot of money to be with cheap women. Therefore, could it be that some engineers actually prefer cheap capacitors? Maybe there's some logic there, but I'm damned if I can fund find it
True.   Questyle, Soundaware, etc.   Incidentally, my above quoted remark from the AK380 thread was deleted by a moderator mere moments after it was posted, but not the posts to which it was responding. You may draw your own conclusions about that...
  LOL  - well, in a similar vein, I hope you'll excuse me taking the liberty of quoting the following, from the AK380 thread:   DAP audiophilia is an upwardly-spiralling market, this past couple of years... SIGH...    ...but, I take heart from the fact that it's also, simultaneously, downwardly spiralling, in some regards (X3/X5/DX50/DX90, etc.)