Posts by Tacoboy

I own both and like them very much. the 80-Ohms are bassy, in a nice way. The 250-Ohms are very nice, in a balanced way, makes the sound very "clear". If you do not have a good headphone amplifier that works well with 250-Ohm, then get the 80-Ohms.    
I've ordered two LME49860 op-amps, off eBay, total $11.75 The LME49990 might be even better, but have not found any STX/LME49990 reviews.    
Superlux is made in Taiwan, so go to their Taiwan web site, they have a list of who sells their headphones in China. Superlux are mostly plastic, very little metal and none of it is iron, so no rust.    
  Get an account on eBay, then on eBay look up the seller "bd-usa", which is Beyerdynamic-USAs ebay page, make bd-usa a "favorite seller", sign up for their eBay newsletter, then get a Paypal account. You have to watch the site, every once in a while, they put a batch of refurb headphones on their ebay page.    
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm, you might be able to find a refurb or used pair on eBay.    
Funny you should talk about the DT-770 Pro 80-Ohms, I'm wearing mine right now. "Unpractical" should up to the individual.  You can get refurbished DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm, off eBay, for a good price. I think they are great for waking me up in the morning (BASS).    
It's 80-Ohms, I'm guessing it will work ok with most sources.    
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80-Ohm, on eBay, you can sometimes find refurbs for a good price. Nice bass.    
Yes.  
Most cases come with 3.5mm mini jack port on the front of the case to plug headphones into. When you install the Xonar DG, you will need to plug the audio cable (marked AC97 or HD audio) to the Xonar card. The Xonar DG will come with simple directions showing were on the card to plug in the audio cable. In the Xonar DG control panel, you will have to set it to "FP Headphone" to use the front panel mini jack for headphones. If you plug your headphones directly...