Posts by third_eye

Stratus sounds bigger and wider, more refined, more balanced, very detailed but non-fatiguing.........Hugo sounds punchy, very detailed, smaller soundstage, can sound a little lean or bright with certain recordings. I think most people would prefer adding the amp with the HD800 but with certain cans, the HE560 being one of them, the Hugo has REALLY good synergy.
I'm running the Hugo as a DAC only with my Stratus/HD800; if running Hugo as a DAC/AMP I prefer the HE560 to the HD800. The Hugo's real strength IMO, is as a DAC only with the portable thing being a bonus.
 Wait, I get to participate in this one finally!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!
Is it just me or does that EML really tower above the Sophia's like that?
I have one of the earlier ones (#11); so for me it's upgraded and the amp is now "current". BTW, when are you getting your Stratus in?
Yay, my upgraded Stratus is coming home tomorrow! 
  March, 2015! Mega, two day event. In the meantime, there may be a few mini meets.
Nice!!
We had a great meet yesterday with about 225 in attendance - 150 meet attendees, and 75 exhibitor attendees and guests. Big thanks to all the exhibitors who participated in this event and it was especially great to welcome some new exhibitors doing this type of event for the very first time. The Treasure Hunt Giveaway was loads of fun and we had 18 fabulous prizes that were generously donated by exhibitors for the event.  We also had over 30 people come celebrate Warren's...
We had a great meet yesterday with about 225 in attendance - 150 meet attendees, and 75 exhibitor attendees and guests. Big thanks to all the exhibitors who participated in this event and it was especially great to welcome some new exhibitors doing this type of event for the very first time. The Treasure Hunt Giveaway was loads of fun and we had 18 fabulous prizes that were generously donated by exhibitors for the event. We also had over 30 people come celebrate Warren's...