Posts by ambchang

Any one want to sell me a spare set of Doggie Treats?  I only need one disc per side for another mod project I am doing on a set of T50-RP.   Thanks.
Sooner is better for the meet. I am looking to sell my alpha dogs, but if there's a meet coming up and enough interest, I will keep it for the meet before selling them.
There are literally no designs, because it would just simply be a metal sleeve itself.  I may think of getting a sleeve plus cup idea, similar to those HP1000 layouts, where there will be two/four screw holes to hold the drivers in place on the sleeves, then then an aluminum cup on top of them.  That said, the screws will have to sit flush and I will just have to find the right screws for this purpose.   I will try to source to web if there are any precise drawings,...
Sorry guys, it may not be $20, they are just saying $10 per piece minimum.  I am not sure how much it will come out to, and I will post the price here once I get the quotes.   Another thing that can help me is to get a precise drawing of the sleeve (can also provide the drawings for the cups as well, just so that I can get two quotes).  I have a plastic sleeve and a metal cup sitting around that I can just send in, but I'd rather email them a PDF file so that I don't...
So I finally found a machinist around my area that would do CNC machining.  The problem is that there is a minimum charge of $165, and given that I only want to make a set of sleeves, $165 is really pricey.   However, the prices drop significantly once volume comes into play, and it goes to a minimum of $10 each for 100 pieces (I would need 2 pieces, so $20).  I haven't quoted them for the exact match, but I would imagine it wouldn't be overly expensive to get these...
Got an older pair of Alphas, and I must say the hype is real.  The details are fantastic, and the mids and bass are life-like.  I don't think mine has the treats, and yes, the highs could be piercing at some point, or even sibilant, but I believe the treats will treat them (will order them soon).   The finishing on these headphones are really top notch.  They are just beautiful headphones, and precisely manufactured.  The comfort is fantastic, and it is very easy to fit...
Hey all.   Feeling so left out with all the engineers, not to mention that I am one of two guys in my group of 25 at work who are not engineers.  I suppose I should have been one.   Fell for headphone gear because I actually wanted to get a low-end system, but back then, my wife was prego with our first child, and playing Rage Against the Machine with kids running around seemed wrong, I opted for some earphones.   Started with Shure e3c (Who actually pays $150 for...
Would love to!   Missed the last meet because of the kids (sigh! life does change with kids, a lot), and would love to make it to one to meet up and test gears.
Looking for a pair or Magnum v4 drivers.   Please let me know if you have an extra pair sitting around.
Wondering if anybody is willing to part with their Magnum v4s.  I have a set of SR325i aluminum cups, with some wooden inserts.  Given (at least from what I heard) the v5s were designed for wood cups while the v4s were designed for aluminum cups, I would like to get my hands on some aluminum cups and fit drivers into housings they were meant to be housed in.   If you have one, and know of someone who still has one, let me know.