or Connect

Posts by ambchang

Exactly. The esp950s are a phenomenal deal at $600. The lifetime warranty is a real killer.I will sell my 007 KGSS combo and go back to the esp950 if I ever need the cash and won't be crying a river.
I had the esp950 for about a year or so before getting he stax srm001, and the upgrade in sound is unmistakable. I later got a stax srm006t and the sound actually got worse. It wasn't until i got the sr007 and KGSS that I sold my esp950 they were that good.
Thanks. I let it run overnight. It froze. Reset the player. Went to the original Ui, built library, went back to rock of, rebuilt library, reboot again in rock box and everything is fine now.
Thanks. I am running into other problems. I put all of my library into 2 sd cards, totals of about 170GB of music, about 15k songs. So not absolutely ridiculous. I think I'm updating the database (it says updating in background, but I'm not sure if the updating is done or not) and now the player is working at a crawl. The menus that forever to react, and it won't even play music properly (hurky jerky). Guess I'll wait overnight to see if the database updating I the...
Need some help. I got my xDuoo x3 and immediately updated to Rockbox, all worked well until I noticed it couldn't read traditional chinese, so I changed the language to traditional chinese, and now I can't read any of the menu items.   I tried going back to stock but everytime I go the upgrade route, the machine just reboots in Rockbox, and I am getting these squares again.   Can anyone give me the menu layout such that I can find the language, and choose English...
While I haven't received my X3 yet after ordering it last week, I am in agreement with @lotech on this one.  UI is an important aspect of a DAP, and without a user friendly UI, an otherwise good sounding DAP would under deliver and cause user disatisfaction in the long run.  My expectation is for a manufacturer to continue tinker with UI upgrades until most of the bugs are fixed (not really even asking for enhancements).   I would not have bought the X3 even with great...
Damn it. Just bought the x3. Would have gone with the x10 just for the optical out.
Sigh. Bad news. Took photo through keyhole and seems like no my shield.
Want to report a little on my Magnum v4 build.  I have had them for a while, I am finding that I am gravitating more and more the last few weeks, listening to them more than the HD600 or the HE500.   One thing kept bugging me though, and that is a pretty noticeable channel imbalance.  The left channel is quite a bit lighter than the right channel.  After checking out the assembly for a while, it was clear that the headband is the issue (a cheap headband I got for free),...
 So I tried on new tips, and then adjusted the cable, and I must say that the comfort and fit is much better.  It turned out the issue has always been the earguides pulling the right ear piece away, creating that gap and causing discomfort.  Once I adjusted it as you suggested, it became much better, though not perfect. I will go on a tip hunting tour now, and see what I can find to get the best fit.  The fit is much better now, and I don't get the bass leaks that I had in...