Posts by ambchang

I had a great time guys. And thanks again to Pavel for setting this up A few really good setups. The bottle head crack is a great amp, the he560s are great. Didn't expect to see the Mckintosh and that thing is just beautiful, worth the money just to look at it. Loved seeing the HP1000s again, the k1000s, and the mountains of iems. Damn it. Seems like I loved everything. That's why I'm broke.
I am coming, 99% sure (you never know, things happen).   I will bring:   Koss ESP-950 Stax SRM-01 MKII 3 channel Beta22 amp Hifiman HE500 All aluminum magnum v4 (DIY) Stoner Acoustic UD100 with a Dell laptop Westone UM2 TDK BA200 A bunch of those aluminum sleeves for those who are interested. iMod with Meier Audio QuickStep
I'm a father, this meet is actually my father day's gift (I am serious).
http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality   Got this test online, and I gotta say, I am horrible at this.   I first used the direct computer audio out from my Dell to a BA200, I can't tell a difference one way or the other.   Then I used the Stoner Acoustic UD100, to Beta22 amp to HE500 (I know, I need to upgrade my source), and while I can tell the 128kps sound for 5 out of the 6 tests (ironically, I couldn't tell...
Alright, I will be there.   I got the TDK BA200, amazing IEMs for the price.   Also, @MickeyVee, very interested in the AK100II, I am thinking of selling my iMod + 2StepDance for a higher end unit.
There are a few options ...If you want to created exactly what Rhydon used to provide, it took me a few years to:- Hunt down my own Magnum v4 drivers- Got some SR325is cups (you don't have to do that)- Hunted down a headband assembly (you don't have to do this)- Braided my own cables (you don't have to do this either)- Looked for aluminum inner shells/sleeves that would fit the v4 drivers, eventually gave up, and asked a machining shop to do it for me (see my ad in the...
Yeah, my wife mentioned about father's day, and actually encouraged me out of the house to get some private time to rest.  Pretty rare nowadays.
Looking for a set of Hifiman Focus Pads in reasonable shape.
@charliex - Would LOVE to hear the HE-560, although that means I will be lusting after another headphone I can't afford.   It's dangerous hanging around you and listening to your gear.
Congrats on the new wife!  Now more money for keeping her happy, less for keeping you happy :)   Anyways, got the HE-500, saw a good deal and jumped at it.  Will bring that along with the b22 during the meeting.   Now .... I have to get a source, wouldn't mind some recommendations here though (limited budget, I am broke after these two big purchases, thinking of liquidating some gear).