or Connect

Posts by ambchang

I know there is a FS forum, but given this thread is about Grado modding, I thought I'd ask here ... does anyone have a pair of TTVJ flats?  I live in Canada and getting them shipped here is just ridiculous (about $60 USD for a pair).  I don't mind them being used as long as they are in decent shape.  I would want to have two sets but would be cool with only having one as I can swap between my two Grado-like cans.
I used the srm-001 mkII with them for a while and it is a clear upgrade over the e90. I don't really have great ears and even I can tell the difference. You can find that amp her for $350 or so once in a while. I never tried a different power cord or stuff like that. The headphones are so good I didn't let them go until i got the 007+KGSS. It's that good. Btw, the front page reviewer said he got it for $299. That's the best deal in the universe. You can sometimes find...
For sale is a pair of RCA cables I bought from FallenAngel on this site about half a year ago at a meet.  I bought it originally to connect the DAC and my beta22 amp, but unfortunately, the beta22 amp was destroyed in the meet, and I never got to use it even once, so the cable is brand new and unused.   I later bought the Geek Pulse Infinity, so there is no use for an extra cable.   To be clear, these are actually two separate cables, one for each channel.  Each cable...
For sale is a Clou Cable for Sennheiser HD600/650.  The cable is about 9 to 10 feet long ending with a gold-plated 6.3mm TRS plug, and the length after the split is about a foot.   The original heat shrink on the left channel peeled off, so I put on my own.  It's a little larger but it works.   The cable is solid, and the sound compared to the original cable is a little cleaner, with more separation in the instruments, and I felt the bass is tighter and more...
For sale is a Beta22 (β22), which used to be one of the best amps I have ever had.  It was a three-board build, and it sounds divine.  Balanced, clear, and most definitely powerful.   Unfortunately, I brought it to a meet, and someone broke it.  I tried to fix it, but to no avail.  It breaks my heart, but instead of putting good money on bad money, I have decided to sell it for parts.   This is meant to be a 2 case build, with one for the Sigma22, and one for the three...
So I just got the LH Labs Geek Pulse Infinity, and I manage to plug in the full aluminum v4s I have, and they sound extremely fun.  The bass was nice and tight, and the mids are clear and forward.  The only problem I have now are the highs are a little piercing and sibilant.   The build is my own aluminum sleeves in SR325i aluminum cups, with a stock 8 conductor Grado cable, with Magnum v4 drivers and L-cush.  I have damped the inside of the cups with acoustic foam, but...
Others may want to chime in, but from my experience soundstage has more to do with the pads and spacing as the cups. But the further you space things, the less detail and space you get. So there is a trade off.
 Yes, it does make a difference.  I have built v3 in Cocobolo cups, v4s with wooden inserts and metal cups, and v4 with all metal.  Strange for a guy who is trying to get rid of his aluminum sleeves to say, but the wooden inserts with metal cups were the best.  A nice balance of warmth and details.  v4 were supposedly built with all metal housing in mind, which is why I went out and got a whole lot of cups made.  They are VERY detailed, but shrill, so what happened was...
I just got the Geek Pulse Infinity and it drove the HE500 wonderfully.  The bass was extremely impactful and hard hitting, and yet the details were still available up top.  This is compared to the SimAudio Moon 300D and beta22 combo I had previously.  The mids wasn't as natural as the old setup, but the overall sound is very engaging and fun.   I only listened to the setup for about 15 minutes, so I will have to spend more time with it, and want to see if the overall...
As luck would have it, I got my LHlabs Geek Pulse Infinity in the mail yesterday, so unfortunately, I wasn't able to bring it to the meet. I spent about half an hour of it powering the HE500, SR200, and used the line out to the KGSS for the SR007 MkI. Drove the HE500 VERY well, SR200 sounds a little lean in comparison (nature of headphones). The SR007 sounded odd at first, but then became phenomenal after I played with the filters, but I am still figuring out how to (if...