Posts by Denys

I bought mine on July 31st....was sent on August 22nd and arrived in Montreal 4 days later.... The unit becomes very very hot (which surprised me).... I'll ask Kingwa if I may leave it on the REF5 without problems..... Not burned yet, but I know there's an improvement over the original DI I own.... More to come Denys
Received it.... took me a while to make it work......and was too late to listen to music....but the unit seems to work fine.... I'll come back later on to give my impressions...... Improvement from DI first generation is that I may now read 24/192 files.... Can't talk now about the sound....but I trust Kingwa when he says that PSU is the biggest challenge in Audio....So this unit should make a change.... Denys
Paid DHL online..($36 duties)...so I should receive mine later on today !!Denys
 Yep....mine is in Cincinnati as I write this note.... If it's not stop at the border, I should receive it tomorrow....Can't wait !!!!Denys
No, the REF5 does not have the BNC connector, but the coax/optical one.... I am also using the DI 1st generation now, which I'll have to get rid of....probably giving it to my daughter....Denys
Got an email by Kingwa......should be sent to me this weekend.... can't wait !!!! :-) Funny.....all the stuff I bought from Audio-GD took for ever to be sent......but I never....never regretted it...... I have great expectations regarding this DI-2014..... it will be paired with my REF5 via coaxial.... WooAudio 6SE and Senn HD800.... This should be my gear for a long time now... Really can't wait... Denys
It's my 5th purchase with Audio-GD....so I am not really worried.... I am more concerned by the fact that the DI-2014 does not appear on the website anymore....   Denys
Hi.   No, to this date.... I did not receive anything.....and according to the shipment page......it's not sent yet...... I purchased it on July 31,,   I'll wait another week....   Denys
I ordered one last night....with the upgraded clock. I will pair it via coaxial with my REF-5 that I bought a cuple of years ago and give my Digital Interface to my daughter....It will be perfect for her... I trust Kingwa when he mentions that PSU are usually one of the biggest challenge in audio..... Anyway, I'll keep you informed....if anyone cares of course :-) Denys
So I believe my question should be.... Will I hear an significant improvement between the DI 1 and the DI 2014 to justify the purchase of the DI 2014. I know the REF will not read DSD file.....but I am not too concerned about that... I'll wait for Kingwa's answer then... Denys