Posts by oarnura

Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Sorry, UE ones were 10s but not the custom ones. Too lazy to look up the proper naming conventions. ANYWAYS, sorry, Head-Fi has a LOT of inaccuracies as a LOT of whats on Head-Fi ARE hype (thus explaining why I have gone through so much equipment in the past few years). As to speakers, I have a set of Klipsch RF-83 (reason why I went for the customs in the first place) and a Klipsch RSW-10d subwoofer. If your...
Please break you posts into paragraphs it is very hard to follow what you are saying. Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex oarnura, I have just two things to comment about your response to mines. You posed the question of why manufacturers have leaned towards BA, this is because at the time there really were no dynamic earphones that were done correctly. They were made for the consumer market, correct, then came companies like Etymotic that popularized BA...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Are you serious oarnura? LoL. Musicality is far from being just being frequency accurate. When they record music in the studio, the last thing they want to mix with is with BA earphones. They mix using studio monitors and then they fine tune after auditioning with a variety of speakers and sometimes even car stereos to get a sense of how the recording comes off on the common systems. Most don't use any...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex The same hype you so speak of and which probably persuaded you to pick up the SE530s were on Head-Fi as well. I like the SE530s but there's still a noticeable clynicalness to their sound which I find the case to be with most BA sets. This is usually the issue with the bass response with BA sets. The bass is there and audible but it's just not as musical as dynamics. What does "Musical" mean? If a transducer is...
If you are coming from the Shure e3c you will find the PFE a huge upgrade. I have the SCL4 (e4c) and the PFE are better in bass response with clean fast bass and have a much better higher end and the mids are pretty close too. The isolation can be good on the PFE and they don't go in as deeply as the SCL4. I haven't used either on a noise subway or train so can't help you out there.
Quote: Originally Posted by lnvisible Cause they are $200 bucks? And do they accept PayPal, cause that is my paying source? Yes! J&R takes paypal. I paid for the IE7s with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by lnvisible I might get those IE7s on here for $160. I just cant post in the thread yet since I dont meet the requirements. Those or the Turbines...still debating. I think the IE7s would be much better purchase than the Turbines. If you can afford it. If you are budget restricted get the Turbines for $100. I'll get the IE7 next week so I can compare them directly then.
Quote: Originally Posted by mnbvcxz So, you're saying an amp wouldn't be necessary? Is the only thing that it would really affect is volume and bass? Everyone exclaims about how they're like an entirely different earphone when amped, as if the overall SQ skyrockets... All my initial impressions of the PFE were unamped. I preferred them to my Turbine, SCL4 and D-Jays that way. I also drive it from an iPhone 3G and to me I can't go past 50% volume...
Wait that packaging shows the stock ear buds that ship with iPhones. Those are not in ears.
Quote: Originally Posted by cn11 From JR's site, under help: Products are warranted solely by the manufacturer. The complete warranty is included with the product and is subject to the conditions set forth by the manufacturer. J&R offers an exclusive 30-day exchange/refund policy on mail order and web purchases, and a 14 day exchange/refund policy on retail store purchases. Please note: defective computer software and opened pre-recorded DVDs and CDs...