Posts by oarnura

Quote: Originally Posted by Zalithian I don't agree with Dookie that BA's are flawed and don't sound musical, but I also don't agree that adding coloration can't make something sound more musical. I don't think I'm missing the point either Oarnura. This argument seems to be what is musical and what is not. It varies from person to person. Nobody here really has the right to claim what is musical or not for every person. That's a cop out. Then no...
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo ornaura: time and time again, mid to low fi stuff has been shown in blind tests to perform as well as high end stuff. high end stuff always sounds better when people know what system is playing the music. it always wins unless that specific brand is not in vogue. in fact, the same equipment can be used in a test and can be announced as a different better or worse equipment. as long as the equipment is announced...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalithian This is all pretty much irrelevant. What's musical to one person is not musical to another. Point is who cares what one person considers musical, or artsy, or whatever. The only person who should matter in regards to that is the person listening. Defining something to one person when it can vary from person to person is kind of silly, just imo. Back on topic, Sigh @ Voltage. You are missing the point....
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Malos, you're right, I totally do not understand oarnura. He said US. So you obviously don't understand Malos either. Quote: For some reason, I don't think that listening to music is the same as monitoring a mix which oarnura certainly feels is the same thing. Why you think mastering doesn't use "Normal" speakers is puzzling? gear The PMC IB1.. similar to the PMC IB2s is the best...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Ok oarnura, for the sake of argument since you insist on it. You keep bringing up comparisons with the Turbines.These stand at the bottom of the barrel of good sounding dynamics (they aren't bad, but they are definitely not the best, close to mid-range but not quite there yet). Unlike your baseless accusation that I go by Head-fi hype...I actually go by what I hear. Quote: You then chose to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaloS You might want to hold it there. Best production of classical and jazz is done using tubed recording equipment, and amplification is also tubed. Good pentode amplifier competes with solid state in accuracy, plus you get to avoid odd-order distortion. I stand corrected.. Quote: But yes - on the case of popular definition of 'musical', mastering gear is not musical. On the other hand if you want...
Quote: Originally Posted by i_don't_know And thus the accuracy vs. musicality argument must be revisited once more. I believe they have nothing to do with each other. I'm not talking about a certain frequency being boosted (I realize I was using bass as a main focal point in my last post, but that's simply because musicality is usually most easily recognized in the lower frequencies since they tend to have more impact than the higher frequencies in a real...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaloS In the end - I think you are trying to blame alot of things on the underlying technology - but the problem you are complaining about has more to do with the tuning of the frequency response of the headphone. On the other hand - your opponents in this argument are arguing that dynamics fail to provide certain characteristics that do happen to be the inherent flaw of dynamic drivers (clarity/resolution that results from...
Break your writing into paragraphs.. It is very hard to read your posts. Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Firstly, oarnura, I have no idea why you keep bringing up speakers and subwoofers. My whole point in my post about authoring music and them auditioning the music through speakers and even car stereos was to point out that music is not authored to sound good on analytical equipment. Prove this to me...Show me typical mastering equipment...
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo just for dookiex and ounara, if i remember correctly, the first custom ever was the dynamic from futuresonics. most companies use ba as they can be bought from the same shop and tweaked easily. a dynamic takes longer to get right because not only the driver needs to be personally made, designed and de-faulted, the sound chamber needs to be tweaked to get the best sound from the phone. of course ba need this too but...