Posts by oarnura

Quote: Originally Posted by i_don't_know It doesn't. Dynamics just move enough to give texture to the sound that's being delivered. Simple as that. It's not distortion, it's pure air. Whatever....Explain why some people consider Grados and Alessandros to be analytical. They move considerably more air than any dynamic IEM.
Linkwitz Orion DIY loudspeaker, February-March 2006 "The Orion is more than a speaker, it's a speaker system that integrates with a custom active crossover and eq. A word of caution. This system is so detailed that only the finest recordings should be played at concert levels. The system can be shrill for rock and average recordings. Strings and horns are extremely accurate." Here is a review of the Orion on Linkwitz's page. Here is a reprinted...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Flawed opinions? It's already shown that though my opinions are considered as just opinions while your "opinions" you like to flaunt around as the be all and end all FACT. Ridiculous. How dare you try to turn it around on me? Truly, ridiculous as you contradict yourself over and over and over. Trying to play the role of the innocent person voicing an opinion while in actuality you're more or less claiming that your views...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex As to ournura's pointing out of the following link: Reference earphones Do you NOT understand the point of that whole article? The reference phones idea is mostly discussed (as I have POINTED OUT MYSELF EARLIER) in the context of MONITORING your recording to make sure there's no technical problems with your recording. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from musical enjoyment. Go, read it again for yourself. This is the only real time...
Quote: Originally Posted by Morph201 The SE530s suck... I bet my ratshack buds can beat 'em! Hey! It is you ears and opinion no one should say otherwise.
Quote: Originally Posted by MaloS But honestly answer me - what good is doing everything by your ear? Ears have terrible memory. Ears have inconsistent performance (depends on weather, your blood pressure, time of day, mood, illness, and what you had for breakfast). What good is listening as a source of discussion if most people don't know what most things sound like (do you have perfect pitch? Can you tell me what C9 sounds like?) X2. Just...
Quote: Originally Posted by tstarn06 Well, I just picked up a pair of these Apple dual drivers phones (thanks to Montell, for posting how much he thought of them) for $35 (used, but like new condition) and I am very impressed. They are really fantastic and for the price I paid, a tremendous bargain. I am using the smallest OEM silicone flanges, and if you can get a good seal, all I can say is, Apple did a very nice job with these. In fact, to me they can...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex MaloS, I've posed mines but you just end up resorting to "My stats beats your ears." Which really boils down to "I'm right, you're wrong, if you don't listen to me, then you are the idiot" which you've more or less have done not just here but with your postings in the full sized phones forum as well, I just never bothered to point it out. There's a LOT more folks LIKE YOU then there are folks who are judging truly by...
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo if hardware manufacturers make 'more bass than necessary' they may be overcompensating for the loss of organic response from muscles, bone and ears to sound that originates outside of the body. on the same curve however, manufacturers who make phones to fit a 0db deviation from treble or bass are numbered 0. There simply is no neutral phone. the closes I know of is the er4s but it spikes desperately in high treble more...
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo well if that would be the case, then the only truly neutral phones according to your definition would be the ck10 and the er4s. again, both sound good but sound nothing like music that is heard at any price. simply, both are more anaemic than any speaker, monitor or headphone unless you really work at tweaking down the bass to unrealistic levels. Where have you heard music with bass levels 3 times louder than...