Posts by oarnura

Quote: Originally Posted by Zalithian Nah, didn't think you were a fanboy at all I just wasn't sure if the bass would be the quantity you wanted. If it's similar to the IE8 I would expect the bass to tame quite a bit still depending on how many hours you have on it. I quit burning mine in after about 60 hours as I was totally happy with the sound at that point. I think the IE 7s have less bass than the IE8. Which is why I got them? The bass is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalithian Kind of surprised Oarnura, but glad you're off to good initial impressions with the Sennheiser IE line. LOL! You thought I was a PFE fanboy. Really, the IE 7 are the first dynamics that I really like. They have strong bass but clean and tight bass not a least bit boomy. The highs are a little too hot right now but overall not bad. The imaging is good not that weird compressed but wide sounding ones on...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex ::cough cough:: cop ::cough cough:: out. I like how you respond when being called out. Thank you and good night. Do on to others...
I just got my IE 7. My initial impressions are good. Balanced, highs and mids are clear. A little unrefined right now but that should smooth out with burn-in I think. I quite like them. Getting a seal was a pain but the large black foamie seems to be good for me. More impressions to come.
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex What does this say to you? The main thing he's trying to explain to you (yet you're a bit dense to understand) is that HE CAN ONLY HONESTLY JUDGE HIS EQUIPMENTS NEUTRALITY WITH HIS OWN RECORDINGS. Note how he acknowledges that he is at the mercy of the engineers and producers for prerecorded material. I know EXACTLY what you're thinking at this point, you're thinking along the lines of "Well, there ya go, the engineers...
Quote: Originally Posted by cn11 Gee, thanks for shedding such light on a genuine question. Why don't you dig up the appropriate info then and prove to me why it would be such a stupid idea, as you're so fond of doing. "A balanced armature is a sound transducer design primarily intended to increase the electrical efficiency of the element by eliminating the stress on the diaphragm characteristic of many other magnetic transducer systems. As shown...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex ::yawn:: I love how you (oarnura) regurgitate the technical specifications that you read but have no idea what the idea of application specific means. Keep on diggin oarnura. In the beginning you kept flaunting that most of Head-Fi agrees with you, now it appears that your being challenged by not only myself but many others. Kind of being outruled here in a way. Whoa ho ho, now you get all super defensive and in a...
Quote: Originally Posted by cn11 Question, in light of all this 'debating': If armature drivers are so clealy the best thing for portable listening, howcome headphone manufacturers haven't adopted the technology in some fashion into full sized heaphones? Surely their 'superiority' would prove out in that application too. If you knew anything about the technology you would have the answer. Making a headphone size driver would be pretty stupid.
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Again, I don't know how much audio mixing you do but from my experience with mixing audio, when I use monitoring equipment it's mostly to isolate the different parts of the audio, thus knowing that my sound reproduction system is accurate is imperative because I NEED to know that if I'm setting a certain channel that I am truly just adjust the sound by that channel alone. Thus a very coloured or biassed earphone,...
I'll get my IE 7 today... I have the PFEs and can give you some impressions after a lot of burn-in.