Posts by oarnura

Duplicate post.
Quote: Originally Posted by jageur272 Detail and speed don't equate accuracy. Reference of a natural sound? How would you reference this? Through a sin-wave machine? Which is played through a SPEAKER. And don't say that you can have somebody play an instrument over and over again. It would change every time. All that you would be comparing is equipment against equipment. A speaker should reproduce the sound properly enough to create an...
Quote: Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 That's good to hear that you are enjoying your IE7s already Oarnura, I had the exact same impressions as you when I first got them. The bass gets MUCH more refined after burn-in, and to me, it got quicker and more detailed as well. And the soundstage...it actually grows a lot over a couple weeks, its amazing. Looking forward to hear more impressions from you. The soundstage is already pretty good. I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 I always knew that. I did know my Shure SE530's would temporarily stop my search for something better. Anyways I asked for a portable headphone suggestion and now my thread has turned into World War 3 the battle of the diaphragms!!!! May be if you had toned down the title a little you wouldn't have made dookiex want to plug his EX700. I think he wanted you to like his musical EX700 over your clinical...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Again, last time I will say this very very very slowly and carefully here: He's not trying to get musicality out of his system, he's trying to get it as technically neutral as possible to assist in tuning for a sound that he wants in the end. Why is this so hard to understand? He builds speakers for a living to sell to other "Audiophiles" in the consumer market. His goal is accuracy not musicality. Your silly...
Quote: Originally Posted by jageur272 Incorrect. There are so many possible variations of this. You forget the recording equipment, the medium to which it is recorded, the playback software/equipment, as well as the human mind's amazing ability to change the way that it perceives sound within seconds. Each headphone might be more/less accurate depending on the equipment. Yes! But it is very easy to spot a inaccurate speaker. You may never get...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Oarnura, I did. I made a point of saying that different live venues have different sound characteristics. If it was a studio recording, there's really no way to achieve the same sound. The charecteristics of the venue are in the recording. A good neutral speaker in a well treated room can recreate most of it pretty closely. Quote: Thus he made it a point in the beginning of his article which sums...
Quote: Originally Posted by jageur272 Any argument for accuracy fails always. You can't compare sound signatures from past concerts etc. First of all, 30 seconds is plenty enough time to forget how something sounded and begin to form your own mental impression. Wrong! You can take an instrument, record it and play it back and it should sound the same as the real instrument. If a system can do that it is accurate. No voodoo involved.
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex Just pointing out how your own "proof" contradicts your concept of accuracy/analytical and neutrality is the equivalent of musical. You welcome. No it doesn't. In fact, it proves mine. Linkwitz is saying he has no way of knowing whether the recording engineer captured the sound of "natural" thing in the best possible way. "When I purchase a CD I have no clear trail to any acoustic reference and I must rely...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalithian My IE8's sounded god awful out of the box so I'd imagine there's noticeable improvement to be made. I wish I could see a IE7 frequency response chart though, to compare it. I don't think any of my dynamic driver phones sounded good out of the box. I think that is because most of them have very exaggerated bass. You have to wait for the boom to settle. The IE7s don't have loads of bass. They don't sound great...