Posts by oarnura

Quote: Originally Posted by thechungster But what happens if that plastic thing is put round the back.. Hmm. It acts like a massager... dual purpose.. you get chest pounding bass or a nice shiatsu back massage.....
Add my wife to the PFE fanclub. She borrowed mine, listened for 3+ hours. She said "These sound so good, I can't stop listening to them". Said they just felt very comfortable as if she wasn't even wearing earphones. Never did that with any other phones she has tried and she has tried all of my phones and IEMs. She is keeping them and won't give them back...
The next version will be a 3 driver with a 3-way cross over. There will be a 4th larger driver in the plastic part of the y-split than will provide bass presence your body can feel. To get the "in-the-chest,visceral bass impact". Now I need to patent the idea.. quickly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Surrealsky oh man...it's still too warm for me at this point..guess i was spoiled by my previous tf10 and pfe's. I got my IE 7s yesterday and it has may be 14 hours on it and it sounds nice. I have and love the PFE too. The IE 7 is fairly neutral. The bass doesn't bleed into the mids and is fairly clean and flat. From what I read the IE 7 is a more neutral sounding than the IE 8.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 That's what I thought. The less air a subwoofer has to release the greater the bass output. Isn't it the opposite? Sealed subs are cleaner, less efficient and can't reach the SPLs of a ported sub. My guess is the knob increases the volume of a chamber behind the driver or increases the size of vent to make it louder but boomier.
Quote: Originally Posted by average_joe Good to hear you like the IE7...IMO they keep getting better and better! I am interested to hear about the detail comparison in a week. Stay tuned!
Quote: Originally Posted by average_joe And on the IE7s, if they are anything like the IE8s, the fit/tips make a huge difference in the bass response and how wide the stage sounds, heck, the entire sound presentation (as I know you know about fit). But IMO it makes a bigger difference for the IE8 than other IEMs I have heard/owned. I am sure you have tried the included tips, but other tips may work better. I have tried at least 20 different tips and...
Quote: Originally Posted by average_joe Wow, you like them out of the box, I would have thought they wouldn't sound very good, as my IE8s sounded like trash out of the box. I am interested to hear your thoughts after 300+ hours on them. I think the IE8s trounce the PFEs in most things, and are equal in others (well, they PFE may hold a ever so slight advantage), but the IE8s are overall better. They also have a sound sig I prefer, hence my choice and...
Quote: Originally Posted by ccontreras demo1, you think could be a fake? @tstarn06 Here are some pictures APPLE In-ear Headphone - a set on Flickr Apple In-Ear Headphones - a set on Flickr Look genuine to me.. Faking the finish at that level would make them cost just as much as Apple wants for them retail.
Quote: Originally Posted by hydrocyanic the best trade is that she didn't like the ie7 better than pfe :P She wanted me the send the IE 7 back unopened because J&R wouldn't take returns on IEMs. Now she can't give me a hard time for buying them. She has been listening non stop for 2+ hours.. the typical Phonak Bug. I have never seen her listen to earphones this much before....