Posts by onlychild

Did you also adjust the "sound" app on the Mac to play via ak240. You don't need an amp, I have same setup, but once it's running, only way to adjust the volume is by making sure the screen is on when u adjust volume when used as dac.
For sale is a stock JH Roxanne cable (WITH METAL COLLARS, not plastic ones) that I sent to Moon Audio to have reterminated with a RSA/ALO balanced plug.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with the cable.  I am not using amps anymore since my AK240 arrived.   I paid about $50 with shipping and labor just to have it re-terminated.  Total cost would be $115, I'm selling for $80 shipped to within U.S. and including paypal.   International buyers will have to pay the...
Nice!! I waited 9 months for my CFs and it was totally worth it. I paid $1450 with the Black Friday Discount, and now that they raised the price of CF to $500, we'll never see thoes prices again.
Hi Currawong, I read on a post that Vinne said the RWAK240 needs about 100 hours for the caps to settle. Do you think the RWAK240 in your possession has that many hours since the mod? Thx
By last week, I kind of meant sat. Off by a few days. You are the only person I sold it to. Don't worry, it's on the way over to you now.
Here's another link to a more in-depth comparison I did. http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240/4185#post_10703606 I finally caved and sold my 120-b last week and reordered the ak240. I know I will probably regret it, but I got tired of caring the stack around. I'm only use IEMs (Roxanne's) If you are definitely going to use an amp (especially with full size headphones), and are looking for one of the best sounding portable dacs around, look no further.
Really didn't want to sell this after comparing it to a stock AK240, but upgradetitis got the best of me and a RWAK240 is now in my future.     The RWA120-B with my RSA Lightning amp sounded better than the stock AK240 with my JH16s.  I'm strictly an IEM guy and don't see the extra amp power really benefiting my new Roxannes if I'm going with the RWAK240.    I am the original owner of the AK.  Comes with both brown and black case, box, manuals, usb cables, etc as if...
You can't use the RWAK120-B without an amp, but since the amp makes so much of a difference (for me), I don't want to use it without one.  When I am on the move, I use the 120 with the pico slim amp.  I am strictly an IEM guy.   I believe the long wait is for the custom carbon fiber ones only, but unless you got it during last years black friday sale, when they were still only charging $200 (instead of $500 now) for the carbon fiber option, you will be paying a lot more....
gmahler2u, Since I just got the Roxannes two weeks ago, it came with the new improved cable with metal collars.  No issues at all.  My custom Whiplash balanced cable should be here next week.  I'll post pics when I get it.     delrosa81, I've had the RWAK120-B and lightning for about a year now and I won't be replacing it anytime soon.  I compared it with the AK240 last month for several days and returned the AK240 cause my current setup beat it in every way.  The...
After a very long wait, finally enjoying my new  Roxannes with RWAK120-B to RSA Lightning Amp