or Connect

Posts by onlychild

Not cool at all. Hope you get it sorted Peter.
The only thing of interest are the new ear pads. Don't mind the plastic yolk, current headband fits just fine, already have an upgraded DHC cable. I don't see any reason why the new Ear pads won't fit the V1 models since they haven't changed the shape of the ear cups or anything else inside the ear cups. Not enough improvements for me to consider selling my V1s until they change something more drastic, like the drivers.
I use to own a desktop system, used it twice in 6 months so I sold it. I get to use my portable system atleast 3-4 times a week even if it's no more than 30mins at a time. It's different for each person.
Dillan, I called their number from the website yesterday and Ken picked up and helped me with my issue. Not sure which number you are dialing, but ALO has always been responsive and helpful for me over the years. I also got a response by email from support@aloaudio.com If you're planning to run a portable balanced system, the CDM can't be beat. Don't let it deter you from buying a great amp.
When the rest of the system is resolving enough, every little bit makes a change (not necessarily better or worse).I think at this level it's more about tuning/preference vs better or worse.
Didn't consider wa8 cause I wanted balanced.The amp is not in use. The IC is connected directly to the balanced out of the player, not the amp. The amp balanced out is at the bottom. I travel with the amp so I just leave it attachedWhat the CDM does for me is round out the highs enough (while emphasizing the bass) for Some albums that are too painful to listen to for extended time. With the 8 wire coppers Plus Sound IC, I lost too much detail. The silver comp4 with...
My repost from the DHC Thread:​     Portable end game reached, at least for the next few months  ; )     DHC Molecule Elite 22 with custom 3-D printed Splitter DHC Silver Mini Complement4  RWAK380cu + RWcuAmp ALO CDM running Mullards Hifiman Edition X Fully Balanced     Was planning to sell the CDM cause I was losing details and space compared to straight out of the RWAK380cu Amp when using my 8-wire Plus Sound Copper IC, but the DHC mini Silver Complement4...
 Incredible!!  Took me a while to get the right amount of warmth, detail, bass, highs, power, etc THAT I LIKE, basically the sound that I wanted.  The Edition X is what started it all!  The DHC cables is what helped me finish it/fine tune it.  
It's silver. Before I got it I was using 8-wire copper Plus sound audio balanced IC and I noticed it was too much warmth with the ALO CDM and was losing details and space vs playing straight out of RWak380cu Amp. The silver complement4 fixed that, incredibly neutral.
Portable end game reached, at least for the next few months  ; )     DHC Molecule Elite 22  DHC Mini Complement4  RWAK380cu + RWcuAmp ALO CDM running Mullards Hifiman Edition X Fully Balanced