Posts by Chops

Quote: Originally posted by tom hankins Chops, Sell the 580's and get the cable upgrade for your HD600's, you won't regret it. Exactly what I was thinking!
I bought the 580's because their price was within reach. The next day or so, I bought the 600's because they were at a price that I never thought they would be. I just couldn't pass up the deal. If anything, I can always turn around and resell the 580's at a later date.
Well, since I got so many replies to this thread, , I searched around and found a HeadRoom Cosmic right here on Head-Fi for $200 in "like new" condition, so I bought it. I think I'm gonna lay low for the rest of this month and just settle down with my new equipment on the way. Maybe later on, I will upgrade to Cardas cables for the cans or something, or maybe get one of the upgrade kits for the Cosmic. Until then, I'm just going to sit back and rediscover my cd...
Let's see here. I just joined this Sunday, (8-03-03). About a week before I came here, a friend of mine let me barrow his Sennheiser HD525's which I'm buying from him along with a DSP 360 headphone amp for $50. Sunday, I bought a pair of HD580's from AudioGon for $105 after looking around here all day. Monday, I bought a pair of HD600's from here for $180. Yesturday I took the day off! lol Today, I just bought a HeadRoom Cosmic with p/s in "new" shape for...
Try out some of the MagWires we've been talking about in another thread here. They are great wires for them money and will impress you. And don't let the low prices fool you. You get alot more than your money's worth! MagWires Budget high end cable.... Within that thread, I also have a link to James Hess's e-mail address if you want to contact him.
I just bought a pair of HD525's from an audiophile friend of mine, plus I just bought a pair of HD580's and HD600's online. The 580's I found on AudioGon a couple nights ago, the 600's right here on Head-Fi tonight. Right now, I'm using the Sennheiser DSP 360 headphone amp in bypass mode. (I'm not one for all the DSP garb). It sounds pretty decent except that it lacks bass and the top end is a little rolled off. The freq resp is only 40Hz - 18kHz. Like I said, it...
I used to have a Trek 820 or 870, can't remeber now. Anyway, it was a hybrid with different gearing front and rear, hi-po brake pads, carbon-fiber rims with "street slicks" tires from Continental, and a bunch of suspension add-ons and tweaks. My brother up in Niagara Falls, NY has it now and never uses it. I should have him ship it back down to me. I miss that bike alot, plus I could stand to lose a few pounds. Anyway, I think I bought that bike stock for $270 new....
Quote: Originally posted by cary these look like just what i've been looking for. for you all who have these ic's, how flexible would you say they are? i'm looking for kind of a long run, which needs to wrap around before reaching my monos... greetings, btw, been lurking around for quite a while b4 signing up... Greetings! I also lurked around for a bit before signing up! Anyway, the Nakeds are not overly stiff, but they're not super flexible...
I know I'm new here, and this has nothing to do with feedback, but...... I have been searching through the "Gear for Sale/Trade" forum from time to time. If I see something I'm interested in, I make sure it doesn't say SOLD anywhere, then I either PM or e-mail the seller. Well, I have contacted 4 different sellers so far, all of which have already sold their gear, but never modified or updated their thread. It gets very frustrating after about the second time,...
Do you still have the Corda HA-1 for sale? If so, what is the new price? Most likely, I will buy. Let me know. Thanks.