Posts by Chops

I just bought a beautiful pair of Sennheiser HD600 headphones from Mitch and couldn't be happier! They are basically brand new just like he promised, were packed very nicely, included everything, and arrived very quickly. Thanks to Mitch, I now have the opportunity to really get into hi-end headphone listening with one of the most highly regarded cans on the market. And he let me have them for such a great deal! Thanks again Mitch for everything!
This may seem like a silly thread, (and the fact that I'm getting the HeadRoom Cosmic next week), is almost useless. But anyway, I'm sitting here listening to my HD580's through this DSP 360 of mine and can't believe how good it actually sounds. I'm using my old and faithfull Onkyo DX-C320 six disc changer, through Cardas 300-B Microtwin interconnects, into the DSP 360, and then to the HD580's with stock cable. The cd I'm listening to is "The Best Of Talk-Talk"....
Oh yeah, I forgot about that huge thing. Looks more like a remote control. I messed with those different setting one time with the DSP 360 and thought they all sucked. They cause too much distortion and make everything boomy. I always use mine in bypass mode anyway. But, once I get the HeadRoom Cosmic in, I will be retiring this thing.
Quote: Originally posted by kwkarth I can throw in a vote for the Cardas. I love what that cord does for my 600s. Makes them an entirely new headphone! You know, that's exactly what my friend says about his Cardas/HD600 combo. He said it was like a new set of cans. Actually, these were the ones I was probably going to go with anyway. I love the way his set-up sounds. In fact, that's why I'm getting the HeadRoom Cosmic, because of his,...
When I go to buy a cable, which should I get? Any ideas or suggestions? Cardas has theirs, along with ClouCable and Equinox, and now Russ Andrews has the HC1 Headphone cable and Zu Cables is coming out with one in a few weeks. There might even be a couple others that I can't think of right now. My audiophile friend has tried the Clou and Equinox, and decided that the best one was the Cardas. However, these new ones that are coming out may or may not be better and...
Quote: Originally posted by tom hankins Chops, Sell the 580's and get the cable upgrade for your HD600's, you won't regret it. Exactly what I was thinking!
I bought the 580's because their price was within reach. The next day or so, I bought the 600's because they were at a price that I never thought they would be. I just couldn't pass up the deal. If anything, I can always turn around and resell the 580's at a later date.
Well, since I got so many replies to this thread, , I searched around and found a HeadRoom Cosmic right here on Head-Fi for $200 in "like new" condition, so I bought it. I think I'm gonna lay low for the rest of this month and just settle down with my new equipment on the way. Maybe later on, I will upgrade to Cardas cables for the cans or something, or maybe get one of the upgrade kits for the Cosmic. Until then, I'm just going to sit back and rediscover my cd...
Let's see here. I just joined this Sunday, (8-03-03). About a week before I came here, a friend of mine let me barrow his Sennheiser HD525's which I'm buying from him along with a DSP 360 headphone amp for $50. Sunday, I bought a pair of HD580's from AudioGon for $105 after looking around here all day. Monday, I bought a pair of HD600's from here for $180. Yesturday I took the day off! lol Today, I just bought a HeadRoom Cosmic with p/s in "new" shape for...
Try out some of the MagWires we've been talking about in another thread here. They are great wires for them money and will impress you. And don't let the low prices fool you. You get alot more than your money's worth! MagWires Budget high end cable.... Within that thread, I also have a link to James Hess's e-mail address if you want to contact him.