Posts by Chops

I bought these off of AudioGon a few weeks ago. They were never used and I only broke them in for two days straight and listened to them for one day until my HD600's came in. They are in NEW CONDITION, includes 1/8" to 1/4" adapter and original box. I will ship them UPS to anywhere in the US. I'm looking for $120 which includes shipping through UPS and since my only days off work are Tuesday and Sunday, I will ship them out on any Tuesday and will supply the...
What do all of you think about the Sennheiser HD445 headphones? Does anyone own them? Or has anyone ever heard them? Also, are the cables the same as those on the HD580 and HD600? They kind of look like it. I was just wondering.
One thing to remember though, tube power almost always seems to act like double that of solid state power. In other words, 100 watts of tube power acts more like 200 watts of s/s power, or 100 watts of s/s power acts more like 40 to 50 watts of tube power. I do not have a clue as to why this is, but it's true. I've seen this proven dozens of times with various amps and loudspeakers. If I had the money, I would gladly buy a 200 watt per channel tube amp for my Maggies....
Quote: Originally posted by Dusty Chalk Madonna's quality is entirely dependent on the producers she works with (and I'm not saying that the last two have been bad -- they just probably couldn't perform under Madonna's "direction"). Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light and her earliest albums had the best producers. Yes, but the sound quality still sucks. Plus, she wrote the music, and that sucks too.
One of my friends has some of their cables in his car stereo and after about a month of just sitting there being hooked up, the cables have started to come out of the rca connectors. That's why I said they are not of good quality.
My brother has bought most of Madanna's albums over the years which haven't been that bad. However, these last two albums of her's, "Music" and "American Life" absolutely suck! The music itself is mostly bad, but the recording quality really stinks. Everything is real shrilly, thin, and most of all, distorted sounding. It almost sounds like the recording level was set way too high. The lower midrange and bass is alright, but everything else above that is just plain...
YES! Magwires would be the way to go. And might I add, are of alot better quality!
I can assure you, if you get a smaller, underpowered amp, you WILL start to sacrifice sonic quality. I know, I've been there and done that. These Maggies do not have to be playing loud in order to start drawing alot of power from an amp, even in an apartment. This is where the extra power and current come into play. At 350 watts per channel into 4 ohms, in no way does my amp sacrifice sonic quality, at low or high listening levels. In fact, this system is very...
I'm glad to see another Maggie owner in the forums! As for amplification, I know that Maggies are very power hungry. I'm running a pair of Magnepan MGLR-1's with a Carver TFM-35x amp. The Carver is rated 250 watts @ 8 ohms and 350 watts @ 4 ohms. (which all Maggies are 4 ohms and very inefficient, 86dB @ 1 watt mostly). From living with this combo for the past 6 - 7 years, I know that the Maggies eat up power quick, so it's a good thing to look for an amp that has...
Quote: Originally posted by zotjen It's been awful humid here in NY the past week, and I'm hoping the humidity has something to do with the problems I'm having. Tom If you think it's bad up there in NY, try living down here in Florida sometime!