Posts by Chops

Well, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.
Here's another free bump for a very respectical set of cans!
I just had the chance to try both the Beyer DT880s and Senns HD600s side by side over the weekend. Here's the link to my review of the older HeadRoom Cosmic vs the newer Cosmic Reference and the HD600s vs DT880s. Take a gander at it and see what you think. I have been told that my review was very fair, which I wanted it to be anyway.
I love my little Maggies. To me, and as I have read, others as well, seem to think that magneplanar loudspeakers give you most of the detail and accuracy of headphones with a better soundstage and imaging. And matched up with my DIY twin dual 15" dipole subwoofers, you can just waste away in front of the speakers all day and not think twice about it.
More of a nudge than a bump....... lol
Quote: Originally posted by Pappucho Nice review chops, I can now sleep a little better knowing that my older cosmic still fairs well with the headrooms newest offering. That was my concern exactly. I wanted to make sure that I was not missing out on anything between the old Cosmic and the new. There are a few subtle differences between the two, however, that is most likely due to the fact that the newer one is a Reference model. I am glad I had...
Here are a few pictures from today...... And I should mention that the Magwire Nakeds fit perfectly in the back of the Cosmics and improves the sound a good deal!
The older HeadRoom Cosmic vs the newer HeadRoom Cosmic Reference and the Sennheiser HD 600's vs the Beyerdynamic DT 880's. This amature "mini" review was performed with the following equipment: SOURCE: 1) Sony DVP-NS755V SACD/DVD player, using the 2 analog two channel outputs only. 2) Bright Star Audio IsoNode large feet (4) under SACD/DVD player. INTERCONNECTS: 1) Magwire Nakeds, two identical 1 meter pairs. 2) StraightWire twin RCA to 1/8"...
I am looking for either the HeadRoom Cosmic Power Supply Upgrade: http://headphone.com/layout.php?topi...tID=0060010150 or the HeadRoom Base Station One Power Supply: http://headphone.com/layout.php?topi...tID=0010010055 Either one of these will be welcomed. Any info will be appreciated!
That's so nice of everyone to assume that I screw up my equipment. How does that old saying go?..... (When you assume something, you make an ***** out of you and me.) If you look closely at that Onkyo cd changer which is about 10 years old, you will notice that it is in perfect condition. I bought it brand new and there's not a mark on it. As for the Cosmic, I BOUGHT IT USED from someone here in the forums who claimed it was in "excellent condition". Well, needless to...