Posts by Chops

Quote: Originally posted by Ctn Dont bother upgrading cables. Contrary to popular belief, it doesnt do much. *flame on* I don't understand how you can say that. In your "sig" alone you mention you have the Equinox cable. That looks like a cable upgrade to me. Not to mention all the ones in your profile for your other equipment. Cables do make a difference. I know, I have two of them that have their own sound which is alot better than the...
I don't mind listening to music when I go to bed. In fact, I do that almost every night. But how in the heck do you go the whole night with any kind of phones on with a cable?! I would think you would end up strangling yourself to death with the cable. What I usually do is just have my HD600s hanging off the bedpost next to my head all night or fire up my huge Sony SAVA-7 computer speakers and let them play all night..... at a low level of coarse.
I used to think my 7506s sounded good until I recently got back into headphone listening. After getting a pair of HD600s and a HeadRoom Cosmic, the Sony cans don't stand a chance. However, I have to admit, they are a pretty good bang for the buck. So with that in mind, they are not bad cans at all.
Hmm..... Sounds interesting if it's not too far of a drive from Lakeland!
Quote: Originally posted by Carlos3 $125 ICs in a cost-no-object system? I admit I am curious... I have heard these cables first hand on a $10,000 system consisting of a cd transport, integrated amp, and 2-way transmission line loudspeakers. The MagWires Ultras replaced top of the line KimberKables and YES, there was a huge improvement to say the least. In fact, I replaced 7 pairs of audiophile grade ICs at $1200 total for 7 pairs of MagWires...
Quote: Originally posted by SteeleBlayde The orpheus is an electrostat.... Like most others have said: -AKG K-1000 -Alessandro Music Series Professional/Grado RS-1 -Sennheiser HD650?? *shrug* -Sennheiser HD600 (wait for the HD650...) -Beyerdynamic DT880 (Totally subjective, I havent heard it) No longer in production (Sadly, I havent heard any of these either. ): -Grado HP-1000 (HP-1/2/3) -Audio Technica W1000/2002 (Are these closed/open?)...
Source: dCS Verdi SACD/CD Transport dCS Elgar plus 24/192 - DSD D/A Converter dCS Purcell 24/192 - DSD Digital Upsampler ELP The Laser Turntable Power: PS Audio The P1000 Power Plant Interconnects: MagWires Ultra with Bullet Connectors Amp: HeadRoom BlockHead with Stepped Attenuators Cary Audio Design CAD-300SEI Intergrated Amp Headphones: Sennheiser HD 600 Sennheiser HD 650 Sennheiser HEV 90
The Sennheiser HEV 90 & HE 90 combo. aka ....... The Sennheiser Orpheus!
Quote: Originally posted by Nightfall Okay, having had my SLI-80 for some months now, I will open this up and ask the gurus amongst you what tubes I should be considering upgrading to in an effort to increase the sound quality to a yet higher level. Please advise me, oh ones with tuberolling wisdom. Thanks. I know NOTHING about this area and truly need your guidance. JC I would definantly try replacing those stock "chrome-domes", pre-amp...
My friend has the Cary 306/200 cd transport followed with the SLi-80, and all I can say is that it is awsome! His was modified at Cary with the upgraded caps and resistors. Once he recieved it, he replaced the stock 6SN7 tubes for some Electro-Harmonix 7502 tubes, (I think that's the right #??). Also replaced were the stock KT-88s for some KT-90s. Those could even be replaced with some EL-34s if desired, though with a little less output. But who cares?!..... If you...