Posts by Chops

Quote: Originally posted by Ctn But any cables from $25 onwards have little to no difference. What you hear is all in your mind. Mind you I use some high res equipment. I dunno until someone proves me wrong "cables from $25 onwards have little to no difference." -Since I bought the MagWire Nakeds which are 25 bucks a pair, and heard the difference, I'll agree with you there. Especially after the $1200 worth of cables the Nakeds...
Quote: Originally posted by Ctn Dont bother upgrading cables. Contrary to popular belief, it doesnt do much. *flame on* I don't understand how you can say that. In your "sig" alone you mention you have the Equinox cable. That looks like a cable upgrade to me. Not to mention all the ones in your profile for your other equipment. Cables do make a difference. I know, I have two of them that have their own sound which is alot better than the...
I don't mind listening to music when I go to bed. In fact, I do that almost every night. But how in the heck do you go the whole night with any kind of phones on with a cable?! I would think you would end up strangling yourself to death with the cable. What I usually do is just have my HD600s hanging off the bedpost next to my head all night or fire up my huge Sony SAVA-7 computer speakers and let them play all night..... at a low level of coarse.
I used to think my 7506s sounded good until I recently got back into headphone listening. After getting a pair of HD600s and a HeadRoom Cosmic, the Sony cans don't stand a chance. However, I have to admit, they are a pretty good bang for the buck. So with that in mind, they are not bad cans at all.
Hmm..... Sounds interesting if it's not too far of a drive from Lakeland!
Quote: Originally posted by Carlos3 $125 ICs in a cost-no-object system? I admit I am curious... I have heard these cables first hand on a $10,000 system consisting of a cd transport, integrated amp, and 2-way transmission line loudspeakers. The MagWires Ultras replaced top of the line KimberKables and YES, there was a huge improvement to say the least. In fact, I replaced 7 pairs of audiophile grade ICs at $1200 total for 7 pairs of MagWires...
Quote: Originally posted by SteeleBlayde The orpheus is an electrostat.... Like most others have said: -AKG K-1000 -Alessandro Music Series Professional/Grado RS-1 -Sennheiser HD650?? *shrug* -Sennheiser HD600 (wait for the HD650...) -Beyerdynamic DT880 (Totally subjective, I havent heard it) No longer in production (Sadly, I havent heard any of these either. ): -Grado HP-1000 (HP-1/2/3) -Audio Technica W1000/2002 (Are these closed/open?)...
Source: dCS Verdi SACD/CD Transport dCS Elgar plus 24/192 - DSD D/A Converter dCS Purcell 24/192 - DSD Digital Upsampler ELP The Laser Turntable Power: PS Audio The P1000 Power Plant Interconnects: MagWires Ultra with Bullet Connectors Amp: HeadRoom BlockHead with Stepped Attenuators Cary Audio Design CAD-300SEI Intergrated Amp Headphones: Sennheiser HD 600 Sennheiser HD 650 Sennheiser HEV 90
The Sennheiser HEV 90 & HE 90 combo. aka ....... The Sennheiser Orpheus!
Quote: Originally posted by Nightfall Okay, having had my SLI-80 for some months now, I will open this up and ask the gurus amongst you what tubes I should be considering upgrading to in an effort to increase the sound quality to a yet higher level. Please advise me, oh ones with tuberolling wisdom. Thanks. I know NOTHING about this area and truly need your guidance. JC I would definantly try replacing those stock "chrome-domes", pre-amp...