Posts by Chops

Hooking cables to an analyser may not show any differences between cables, but I really do not think it is a myth. Before I knew that silver cables were "brighter" from others, I noticed it the first time I bought a pair and hooked them up to my system. I don't think analysers or engineers can prove that one cable sounds differenct from another based on the materials used. Some things just can't be explained. Just like "burning-in" cables. No one has been able to...
I'm glad to see you bought the MagWires and like them. As for "why magnet wire?", I have been told by my friend, which is also an electrical engineer among other things, is that magnet wire is mainly what all stereo components use for internal wiring. Also, magnet wire is also used in transformers, inductors, voice coils, etc... So, magnet wire is a very logical choice to use to complete the signal from component to component and from amp to loudspeaker. This also helps...
Mosfet is solid state.
Ctn, just so you know, I'm not going to waist my time with you anymore. Think what you want, and distroy your "high res" system with cheap cables. I really don't care.
Quote: Originally posted by pbirkett Actually. I have thought of a good way to prove, disprove this theory. What should happen is that you audition the cables in the normal way, but rather than just say what they think is better, allowing other people to then agree, they should keep it secret, write it down. That's exactly what I did with my brothers and friends. We didn't write anything down, but made mental notes.
Quote: Originally posted by Ctn It's all in your head. Your friends heard the "difference" because they expected it. You can believe what you want to believe. What high res eq do you have? "It's all in your head. Your friends heard the "difference" because they expected it." - You know that' s a bunch of B.S. If you really think that way, then what the heck are you doing in the forums. This whole place is about tweaks and mods! "You...
Quote: Originally posted by Ctn But any cables from $25 onwards have little to no difference. What you hear is all in your mind. Mind you I use some high res equipment. I dunno until someone proves me wrong "cables from $25 onwards have little to no difference." -Since I bought the MagWire Nakeds which are 25 bucks a pair, and heard the difference, I'll agree with you there. Especially after the $1200 worth of cables the Nakeds...
Quote: Originally posted by Ctn Dont bother upgrading cables. Contrary to popular belief, it doesnt do much. *flame on* I don't understand how you can say that. In your "sig" alone you mention you have the Equinox cable. That looks like a cable upgrade to me. Not to mention all the ones in your profile for your other equipment. Cables do make a difference. I know, I have two of them that have their own sound which is alot better than the...
I don't mind listening to music when I go to bed. In fact, I do that almost every night. But how in the heck do you go the whole night with any kind of phones on with a cable?! I would think you would end up strangling yourself to death with the cable. What I usually do is just have my HD600s hanging off the bedpost next to my head all night or fire up my huge Sony SAVA-7 computer speakers and let them play all night..... at a low level of coarse.
I used to think my 7506s sounded good until I recently got back into headphone listening. After getting a pair of HD600s and a HeadRoom Cosmic, the Sony cans don't stand a chance. However, I have to admit, they are a pretty good bang for the buck. So with that in mind, they are not bad cans at all.