Posts by Chops

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this statement.Between me, my brothers and my father, we probably have close to a 1000 pipe organ CD's from all sorts of recording labels such as Telarc, Dorian, RCA, Sony, etc, etc. Granted, there are some rather nasty sounding ones in there, but the majority of them that contain pipe organs with a 32' stop have the 16Hz still in the recording. Even the few CD's we have of the Atlantic City organ at the Boardwalk Hall Auditorium with...
So what's with these Stax pads and where does one get them? Are they even better than Dan's latest offerings, the leather Dog Pads, the ones that I have?
Considering that the forum members here say the Mad Dogs compare easily to cans costing upwards of $1200 and more, I'm willing to say that they would probably make you very happy, if not exceed your expectations as far as how they compare to your HE-500's. Going strictly off of memory from several years ago, I think the Mad Dogs totally stomp the HD600's, HD650's, and K701's into the ground. They don't compare to the Mad Dogs. And for closed headphones, they are just as...
That's the exact combo I'm using. I bought the E11 just for the Mad Dog's. Then again, I might try out my tube amp on them tomorrow, just to see.
It's been ages since I've listened to the 880's (shortly after they were released), so I can't really say anything about the sound of them vs the Mad Dog's.
These are great headphones. I just got mine in yesterday along with the E11 amp to power them. And Dan is a great guy to communicate with. He replies to his emails nearly instantly.   One thing I have noticed so far (and it could simply be due to them needing some break-in time), is that vocals are rather thick and possibly somewhat chesty sounding (male and female). They even sound like that through my LDM+ amp which is leaner sounding than the E11. Anyone else...
The E11 easily powers the Mad Dog's. Even the Little Dot Micro+ easily powers them. On that note, the E11 adds weight to the bass (the way it should be), has more oomph, and has a larger, more open sound stage. The poor little Dot just doesn't have the bass drive for these cans, nor does it have the wide sound stage.
I may be jumping the gun here since I only have about an hour and a half experience with them, but maybe you should consider something like the Mr Speakers Mad Dog. The music I'm listening to right now is the same stuff I've been listening to for the past week or so on a pair of well burned-in Sony MDR-7506's. I can say without a doubt that the Mad Dog's are more neutral, more flat, more detailed, have better, cleaner, deeper bass, a more natural, non-fatiguing top end, a...
Yeah, so far, I do like them. I'm sure they'll only get better with time.BTW, I'm way off on that 1200 hours on the LDM+ amp. I know for a fact that I had that amp running non-stop for over 4 months straight at one point burning in HD600's, HD650's, K701 and SR325IS'. 1200 hours is only 50 days. Realistically, I have somewhere upwards of 4100 hours on that little amp!
Well, to get things back on topic, not only did the MD's come in, but so did the FiiO E11. Everything sounded great for the first 10 or 12 minutes until the charge in the E11 died. LOL So now I have the E11 charging off of my laptop, I have the backup battery charging, and I'm listening to the MD's through my trusty old LDM+. All I can say so far is for the differences between the two amps. The E11 has a bit more bass weight and a warmer top end. Of course, it only has 12...