Posts by Chops

Thanks Silent One, though I'm a little confused on who exactly "Wally" is...
I've been running my MD's with a mint, recapped Sansui G-7000 for the past couple of days, and it really made these cans come to life! Everything about the MD's are simply better with the output from the G-7000, and that's with all of the tone controls bypassed, no "loudness" or anything.   Thanks to one of my friends at work, he's got me listening to a lot of dubstep lately, something I never thought I'd listen to. I have to say, with the Sansui powering the MD's,...
My vote goes towards the Mr Speakers Mad Dogs. Second would be Sony MDR-7506 and/or MDR-V6. Maybe even a pair of Senn HD-650's.   Personally, you shouldn't base looks on your final decision, no matter what professional field you go into. If they're ugly, who cares. If your client asks about your ugly headphones, have them listen to them, then they might understand why it's not always about looks. Marketing going both ways, looks or quality.
  Thanks Skylab.   That means I can save some money in the future then! LOL   Here's a nasty phone pic of the main rig...  
  Thanks for the answer. That would explain why this thing sounds so darn good. I mean, it sounds REALLY good.   I'm listening to some Eric Clapton right now and can't get over how real his voice sounds, not to mention all of the "space" around him and the other instruments. Even though it was years ago and with different cans (HD600's and 650's), I never heard this music sound this good through a well run-in Cary Audio SLi-80 I had for a while on loan.   In short, I'm...
Well I can safely say, even with the volume up at "30" on the dial, there's absolutely ZERO hiss, buzz, hum, etc, etc present. Something else I can safely say, the headphone out on the G-7000 has some serious balls!   I have all tone controls bypassed and am getting loads of tight, deep bass, open, natural midrange, and extended, smooth and detailed treble. The sound stage is definitely wider and deeper than either my FiiO E11 or modded tube amp. It was an extremely...
Does anyone on here have any experience with the Sansui G-7000 as a headphone amp?   I just stumbled across this thread this morning and just skimmed through a few pages, but never got around to trying my Mad Dogs on the G-7000. Been running around like my head chopped off today.   Anyway, I have a mint beauty that I would love to try. If anything, if it performs really good, I might just make it the main amp for my rig.   Any thoughts?   And a...
  I'm not trying to hijack the thread, so I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.
I think it would be neat to power my Mad Dogs with a power amp, and I have the perfect amp for the job, a Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro. It's Class A and 25 watts. However, the Mad Dogs are fairly efficient and using any type of "speaker" amp is probably way too much overkill. On that note, this is an extremely nice sounding amp, being just slightly on the warm side of neutral, plenty of bass depth, detail and impact, and a wide sound stage. It's also bridgeable. All I'd need...
    The OP is wanting open cans, but I also suggested the Mad Dogs simply because they sound almost open, but give you great comfort and isolation.