Posts by JTori

I am selling my beautiful -- and beautiful sounding -- Cary cad-300 sei single-ended, integrated, 300B tube amplifier. This is an early version in 100% original condition with chrome chassis, black faceplate, original + upgraded NOS Philips JAN 6SN7WGTA input tubes, and Cetron 300B power output tubes. The amp is in exceptional condition. The amp has been used only rarely since I purchased it. Conservatively, it's got about 100 hours on it, a portion of which was to power...
I am selling my beautiful -- and beautiful sounding -- Cary cad-300 sei single-ended, integrated, 300B tube amplifier. This is an early version in 100% original condition with chrome chassis, black faceplate, original + NOS Philips JAN 6SN7WGTA input tubes, and Cetron 300B power output tubes. The amp has been rarely used since I purchased it. It's got conservatively about 100 hours on it, a portion of which was to power Vandersteen 1Cs (highly underrated) in a second...
I am selling my Sennheiser HD650 and Grado RS1 headphones. Both phones are in outstanding condition with very little use (estimating less than 10 hours each) and come with boxes, papers and adapters. The Grado's also come with an extension cable. For info the Sennheisers have a small dimple in the foam under the headband from resting on my Lovan rack. Otherwise, perfect. Asking $315 for the Sennheisers and $425 for the Grados. Shipping and insurance will...
I am selling my beautiful -- and beautiful sounding -- Cary cad-300 sei single-ended, integrated, 300B tube amplifier. This is an early version in 100% original condition with chrome chassis, black faceplate, original + NOS Philips JAN 6SN7WGTA input tubes, and Cetron 300B power output tubes. http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...i/102_0203.jpg The amp has been rarely used since I purchased it. It's got conservatively about 100 hours on it, a portion of which was to...
I'm late to this party but want to add my sincere thanks to the chorus of Head-Fi'ers expressing their appreciation to Dr. Meier. Great products, well designed, incredibly customer-focused and altruistic. Vielen dank, Herr Dr. Meier!!!
josep, Good thoughts. I need to spend a little time tracking down the issue. My chain is as follows: Creative X-Fi ExtremeMusic (with digital i/o module connected to Flexijack) to V-DAC to AudioEngine AS8 subwoofer to AudioEngine A2 active speakers. Connections were RCA S/PDIF cable (75 ohm digital) from the i/o module to the DAC and analog RCA interconnects from the DAC to the sub and sub to satellite speakers. Incidentally, I tried plugging another high-quality...
A question for the technically savvy bunch frequenting this thread: I had my V-DAC hooked to the Toslink S/PDIF out fom an X-Fi ExtremeMusic. For comparison I hooked it to the RCA S/PDIF out via a 75-ohm digital cable. After disconnecting, I noticed the green link light remains faintly lit (power is plugged in but no digital cable). Issue was not present before connecting the RCA S/PDIF. Also, everything was operating fine with the RCA out for a few minutes before...
Just plugged a digital cable into the S/DIF out of my X-Fi ExtremeMusic and received a nice jolt up my arm. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what may have caused it? Of course, trying to reach anyone at Creative is futile.
Thanks for guiding me in this direction. Alot has been written on this subject. I've updated drivers, increased the sound quality (sampling rate, bit depth) and checked for IRQ conflicts (none). Next I'll play with PCI latency some. In the end, I'll probably opt for a sound card optimized for low-jitter S/PDIF output. Sounds like there are a lot of issues with X-Fi.
iriverdude, is there a known bug that causes this? What sound cards are recommended that offer a good, clean S/PDIF out? Don't really care much about effects. It will be driving a DAC for music listening and the occasional Skype call.