Posts by David Pritchard

For those who haven't been to the wwwtechtubevalves.com site take a look. They have a wonderful video on how the old plant made tubes. I hope someone can add this video to the sticky concerning tubes. Jamtoe-If you had a chance to talk directly to Andy Blades at the factory I am sure you would be even more excited. Plus with your technical expertise you could give us more insight than me. Anyway it was fun to just pick up the phone and call a foreigh country, but I...
For me when I listen to the Sennheiser 650's, I use the Brimar or Fivre Tube(haven't tried the Valvo yet). I do think the cable upgrade is worth it with the650's. I use Stefan Audioarts Equinox. Be patient and buy a used cable and give them an audition. You can resell them here at no or little loss if they don't help.
OK Ironbut, is now a good time! Since Ironbut is one of the early ZD owners and maybe in the hightime ZD innerlistener circle, I always reread his thoughts and learn. You can go audio-nervosa with excessive tube rolling. I plead guilty in the past. The Valvo's will get their day in the circuit but right now just relaxing with the Fivre. I will try to resist using up a day to have a personal Brimar subtype shoot out.
My mistake. The web site for the new production tubes is: TechTube Valves - Blackburn MicroTech Solutions David Pritchard
Well, I did it . I went slightly vintage and picked up the phone and called TechTubes in the United Kingdom. I talked to Andy Blades. The tubes will be publically demonstrated on September 18 in London. They will go on sale via their web site(Technical Tubes Ltd. - Welcome) in October. At first at least the tubes will be direct internet sales-not through dealers. So for those interested, watch their web site. Prices have not yet been released. Their phone via the US-...
But John, it's not back to the past -it's to the future. The new vinyl players are nothing like the players of the 50's and 60's.The new breed of players are truley amazing. The new breed of caps are vastly improved. The new vinyl is manufactured better. Let us hope we finally get some twenty first century technology put in our tubes. I can't wait for these tubes to get into your hands and our other tube experts to improve our music listening. I think I am calling...
Boy this gets complicated. I was fortunate to go to the Vacuum Tube Conference Memorial day weekend. There I got to listen to the HD and the Zana Deux for hours over 2 days with little or no room noise. Using my own personal phones -Sennheiser 650-equinox cables, Ed. 9's, and Denon 5000 modified. The Zd used the National Union 6Sl7gt driver. The 650 had slightly more detail on the Hd. Using JP's balanced 650, the detail was improved one more notch. I enjoyed both amps. But...
I have bought single and double Brimars. I would get a single and see if you like the sound. I love it with the Sennheiser 650. Somedays I love it with the Ultrasone Edition 9. Somedays I like a more relaxed sound with the Ed.9. If I had Graddo's , I think I would buy a single in order to audition the sound. These 6Sl7gt should last a long time in the ZD. The last pair of Brimars I bought on E-bay were for $164.00 plus shipping FYI. Has any body tried dirrerent cables from...
I just E-mailed the sales department to get more information. Maybe my Jadis amplifier will get an early Christmas present. It will be fun to compare them to my vintage Mullards.
Looking at the website it will not be a reissue but a tube manufactured to tighter specs. I for one will at least be hopefull. It is supposed to be unveiled in 10 days at a London show