Posts by David Pritchard

Update concerning Audio Magus. I had read the past bad dealings of Audio Magus at this forum. Audio Magus is a different company than in 2009 when it imploded. Sacha Kuettel runs the company and is easy to contact at 1-866-808-9567 or via E-mail. I wanted a King Rex Power Supply Unit that was configured to work with an Acoustic Revive-77 generator. Sacha talked to me directly and I received the unit quickly. These King Rex units are built like tanks, and I am very...
PayPal sent today. Sorry for the delay.
I will take it. Iwill check my E-mail tonight for your PayPal info to send your money. Good Listening.
I will take it. Thanks. I will check me E-mail tonight or just give me a call. Glad to pay for shipping by Paypal or USPS money order. [mod edit]I don't think you want that information posted on a public forum.
When listening to a Zana Duex amp what we are listening to is A/C from the wall that is converted to D/C and then modulated by the music source. Therefore the nature of the A/C entering the ZD is critical. At my first location for the ZD ,the A/C ran through a PS Audio Premier Power Regenerator. This is one proven approach. Nice quiet background- an improved sound over straight from the wall. Currently the ZD is in a different room. Here I am using Alan Maher.com CBI...
To Kevin, Have you had a chance to try the Isoclean fuse? David Pritchard
Bob reminds us that those VT-229 tubes can sound quite nice. Plus these tubes were often dated in the 1940's. Mine is a Jan(Joint Army Navy tube) dated 1944. Very special feeling having those electrons released from their slumber of 45 years to drive my music signal. My tube was made the year my Uncle was being torpedoed while on a Destroyer in the Pacific. Maybe the ships's sonar unit had a bad VT-229 tube! Good listening to all. David Pritchard
Nor_Spoon P.M. sent David Pritchard
Nor_Spoon shoot me a heads up if you see the Standard for sale over on your side of the world. I do hope we can compare tubes on a Zana Deux at a future CanJam. It would be fun to compare the Standard-Sweeden (RCA license) to the Fivre-Italy (RCA license) to a few original RCA's. How much time are you spending with the Sennheiser 800 versus the 650's? I am still a 650 listener. Perhaps at age 58 I find the closer sound of the 650 to be more psychologically comforting...
Earlier posts by one of our European ZD owners described the fabulous sound of the rarely for sale Standard Radio 6SL7T ( a Sweedish RCA license tube). I have finally found a source -natube.com. The price $199.99-ouch! This Viet Nam tube seller does have one good report at Audio Asylum-so maybe ok. He also has some of the 1957 Valvo 6SL7GT tubes that I like for a reasonable price of $49.99 each. Lastly he has a metal based Sylvania 6SL7GT for you Metallica fans. Good...