Posts by David Pritchard

The Isoclean made a major improvement in the sound of my Zana Deux. It is certainly directional in that the sound is improved in one direction and worsened when installed the other direction. The good news is it is easy to listen to the fuse installed both ways and decide. The change in sound is not small. I think it is worth a try. David Pritchard
Weccome to the exciting and fun world of tube rolling. Two variables that can be controlled are the quality of the tube pin contacts with the amp and the quality or the A/C power input to the amp. The first can be solved for the price of a tube (109.00) This is the Xtreme AV LLC Quick Silver Gold contact enhancer. This is a much better upgrade than cleaning the tube pins with alcohol or Caig contact cleaner. It does improve the electrical signal. Those Russian output tube...
I think the Valvo's are a great choice for the Zana Deux. It is especially pleasing to my ears with the Sennheiser 650 phones. Run your amp for 200 hours before buying any other driver tubes. If you get bored you can change your interconects, I am liking the My Audio Cable Co. Palladium cables a lot. $179.00-his ads are at Audiogon auction site. There is always the fuse upgrade, umbilical cord upgrade, contact enhancers, power cords, and different a/c wall...
I also have the Ps Audio equipment and it does work and is fairly price. Certainly if you buy the Premier power Regenerator($1499.00 with 1 year warranty direct from PS Audio rebuilt) you will have very good newly created A/C. I great value buy is a PS Duet conditioner for $199.00. It filters the A/C power at your A/C duplex socket. Add 1-3 PS noise harvesters and this is a nice passive system. Replace your crumie standard wall socket with a PS audio wall socket for...
AudiogoN has a new listing tonight for a pair of Brimar's 6SL7GT for $150.00. Not a bad price. They are not mine. Good listening. David Pritchard
Yes, The Iso Clean fuse is still allowing the Zana Deux to reach towards it's full potential. If buying a new fuse you can use a 3.3 amp or a 4.0 slow fuse. I just tried two other "system enhancers" that have the ZD singing. First was to replace the a/c duplex receptacle with a PS Audio ultra receptacle($99.00). Other good choices are Hubbard, Jenna Labs, Porter(about $40.00). This is an easy self install-just be shure to pop the correct circuit breaker and clean the...
I thought I has my information correct. In 1911 M.B.L.E. began making incandescent lights with the Mazda brand. In 1924 they began making vacuum tubes with the Adzam brand. Phillips bought the company in 1957. According to Sibley some Adzam tubes were made by RCA for export. It is a good sounding tube. Good listening. Drahctirp Divad
Following tube linage is fun and frustrating. Adzam is indeed Mazda backwards. But , who owned Mazda? Phillips. So is the tube French(Mazda), Belgium(Adzam), or Dutch(Phillips)? It is a good sounding tube that is not often for sale in the U.S. I think I will take out the Fivre and put the Adzam in the driver seat for the weekend listening. Good listening. David Pritchard
There is a nice Mullard ECC35 (6SL7GT) tube on sale at E-Bay stores. Based in Australia- less than $100.00 including postage. I put the Herbie Isocups under the ZD amp and power box today. The interconect is an Audio Quest silver based IC with the 72 volt dbs system. The driver is the musical Fivre 6SL7GT. The listening starts tonight with the trusty Sen. 650. Results to be posted latter. May be my favorite interconnect with the ZD+Sen. 650 is the MAC(My Audio...
This week got to thinking about and reading about vibration control. Certainly we headphone users do not have to worry about speaker induced vibrations to our amps like traditional speakers can cause. So I put me hand on the power supply while the ZD was on. My fingers are feeling a fast vibration. The ZD is on it's standard feet sitting on a maple block 1 inch thick. The power supply is on a separate 1 inch maple block. Ha, just for fun I got out my stethascope and...