Posts by David Pritchard

Lots of fun rolling tubes that is for sure. It is always helpfull to read tube impressions with which headphones are being used. A busy day for me. the newer Brimar's with the lettering on the glass have been ordered. It will be interesting to see how they compare to the Brimar's with the lettering on the base. Also bought a pair of Valvo- made in Germany ECC35's. I do not think I have seen any impressions of these with the Zana Deux. Phones are the Senn 650-Equinox cable,...
"Blackmore" (Sergei) is a real pleasure to do audio buying with. I purchased a number of tubes from him. He puts a fair price on his equipment and does an excellent job of packing and communicating. Do not worry when buying from "Blackmore". No problems with his sending the tubes from Holland to the USA. David Pritchard
Dear Ironbut, Do you have any suggestions on interconnects for the Zana Deux, especially with the Sennheiser 650's in mind? David Pritchard
JP- Can you tell us who was the fastest on the draw and is getting the Moth? Now a question for Uncle Erik- what tubes do you have in the Zana Deux this week? I put the Brimar back in to do some extended Mozart listening. David Pritchard
A rare Moth Audio amp has just been listed on AudioGon today. It will only last a few hours before it is sold- my prediction. Just a heads up for those that know when not to delay. I have no association with this amp just a lot of admiration. David Pritchard
Steve, Did you ever pull the trigger and buy a Brimar. I am thinking it just might amplify your mid range too much with your headphones being bright. I just put in a Phillips ECC35 1952. It's a smoothie like the National Union (hard to beat for listening to music versus listening to the system). Still in the untried box is a Fivre 6SL7Gt. Any one try the silver topped Sylvanias? David Pritchard
Having recently bought Foo_Min's Zana Deux #17, I have just now recovered from a severe case of Vintage Tube Fever. I have the tubes that Varna listed and then some. For example the GE 6SL7GT also sounds good. I have a Fivre that I have not yet tried. I would not be in too big a hurry to roll a lot of tubes, the Zana Deux sounds good with all of them. I have the Ultrasone Ed.9's, and the Sennheiser 650's. These two phones do show that a different driver tube does give the...
Rolling tubes sure is fun in the Zana Deux. Several threads have mentioned Paul Lindemann as their source for tubes, and I also agree having bought his tubes. He currently has the Sylvania 6SL7wgt's and the National Union VT229's in stock. These are said to be NOS and NIB. Prices are $69.00 per tube. His E- mail is www.chowbeardog@sbcglobal.net. Tim, when the platter has stopped for a nano second slip in your National Union tube. I bet your weekend will start that much...
Happy for you that the storm was not worse. But now you are all set to ride out any hurricane with the Zana Deux- Sennheiser 650 combinations. What driver tube are you using? For me The Brimar really wakes up the 650's in the nicest of ways. The best thing is I haven't tried a 6SL7GT driver or it's varriants that I dislike in the Zanz Deux (have not tried theRCA). Has any one tried tube dampeners such as Herbie's or various power cords? ...
Boy this cryo'ed Brimar 6SL7GT sure sounds wonderful. It makes my Zana Deux sound like I am listening to JP's Zana Deux HD with balanced Sennheiser 650's. No veil but still a smooth sound- can listen for hours. Row 10. A Great combination. With the Edition 9's the cryo'ed Brimar gives a lot of excitement to the music. A kettle drum just exploded in my left ear in a very live way. This tube was from TubeWorld.com and is a Kuhl Cryo'ed tube. Any one else using a cryo'ed tube...