or Connect

Posts by David Pritchard

They will not. Peter Bradstock of Double Helix will be back from his trip about January 14 for possible solutions.   David Pritchard
These are really great experiments you are doing with the Enigmacoustic Dharmas and trying different ear pads. I especially look forward to your listening experiences with the second pair of pads.   I am driving my Dharmas with the OTL Eddie Current Zana Deux. I like this pairing very much. These headphones are comfortable, well made, and easy to drive. These are the three qualities I think a headphone needs to have before I want to spend the time and money with a proper...
Message sent.   Davidpritchard
What a fantastic mod! Congratulations on a very nice execution and good looking . Have you had a chance to compare your Enigmacoustics headphones (stock) with the original cable, Sennheiser 800 cable , and your Norse cable?   I am really enjoying my Enigmacoustic headphones. The comfort, build quality, and of course the sonics are allowing me to enjoy the full range of recorded music- whether it be rock, jazz, or classical. I am spending less and less time analyzing the...
You want to order the Synergistic Research "RED" 3.5 amp small slow blow fuse. One reliable source is high-End Electronics in Apple Valley California. They have a good web site to order from and are good about returns if you do not like the change the fuse sounds. After installing, the sound will be bigger and fuller. At the end of a week the sound will still have a big full sound but with improved flow, detail, and better decay of notes. The difference is greater than...
I hope everyone has given their Zana  Deux a  nice Christmas present! If not consider a fuse upgrade. I have tried several and best like the Synergistic Research "RED" fuse in this amp. And best of all, unlike tube rolling they are sold with a 30 day money back guarantee.   In addition to the almost magical synergy between the Zana Deux and the Sennheiser 800's, I recently bought the Enigmacoustic Dharma headphones and this is another spectacular match with the Zana...
Certainly the listener response is variable and subjective, but I would not describe the Enigmacoustic's  high frequencies as sharp. Comparing these headphones to the Sennheiser 800, I hear less high frequency energy, more detail, and better darkness between instruments. The soundstage is less expansive with the Enigmacoustics and it is heavier on the head. For me the Enigmacoustics are comfortable and the Sennheisers very comfortable.   I find the Audeze to be too...
Received my Enigmacoustic headphones yesterday. I am impressed with the packaging,  the very solid build quality, and the on ear comfort. On my head, a more solid  intimate feeling than my Sennheiser 800's. Currently they are breaking in on my system. It will be interesting to compare the two headphones and compare the sound with the Double Helix Silver cable. 
You want a small slow blow 4.0 amp fuse. The fuse that comes with the amp is 3.25 but I discussed this with Craig Uthus (ZD designer) and he gave me the green light to use a next size bigger fuse. Synergistic Research makes two fuses. The original and the more expensive RED. US dollars are $59.00 and $89.00.   Either fuse will be an improvement over the 25 cent stock fuse.   There is a fuse holder right where the power cord plugs in. You can easily pop it out with a...
The ZD is a special amp with the Sennheisers. In fact I enjoy the 600, 650, and 800 with my ZD # 17. The ZD really improves with a Synergistic Research aftermarket fuse. I think a better choice than muli tube rolling at the 6SL7 position. They are one of the few fuse sellers that offer a 30day return policy.   Like most OTL amps, the ZD really responds to power cord selection and please consider using an audio grade A/C duplex over the standard home A/C inlet.   I like...