Posts by David Pritchard

Sorry guys had to cancel my flight to the show at the last minute so no breakfast for me. Everyone try to get a chance to hear Jack Woo's flagship amp on the Hilton 9th floor. Do not forget to stop at MA Recordings. Todd has some great recorded music that will give your headphones a real workout.   Mike please try to visit the Synergistic Research room on the main floor in the Hilton. I put a pair of their ECT devices on my Double Helix cables where they attach to the...
Unfortunately not all the best headphones will be centrally located at the two Headphonium locations. THE Abyss headphone swill  be paired with Jack Woo's flagship amplifier in room 902 in the HILTON. Probably better listening conditions.
In my Marantz SA11-S2 SACD player I found the Synergistic Research fuse to an improvement over the Isoclean and Furotech fuses. In my rig the SR fuse gave a more open sound. More detail across the frequency spectrum. The Isoclean was darker but better than stock.
Replace the stock power fuse with a Synergistic Research fuse for a significant improvement. It made a good improvement to my Zana Deux amp. Available from Scott Walker Audio, The Tweek Geek, The Cable Company, and other vendors- $59.00 well spent.   David Pritchard
I love my Sennheiser 800's. They have been further improved with the addition of the Double Helix Silver-R Clone cables. They were then taken to another new world of great sound by the following: The cables were sent to Synergistic Research and "Quantum Tunneled" this gave a marked improvement in openess and greater detail- a worth while $100.00 investment. The latest improvement was the application of WA- Qunatum Chips-Transformer Model ( go to Audio Assylum.com- Tweeks...
I have the Sennheiser 800 headphones powered by the original Zana Deux amp. It is a wonderful combination. Buy any of the Eddie Current amps used. Take the money you save to get a better headphone cable- like the Double Helix Clone in copper and still be in your budget to buy more music!
For the Sennheiser 800 I can enthusiastically say get the copper clone or if you have a big budget the silver clone. I have had both and both are a big upgrade. David pritchard
I just returned from the Newport Beach audio show this weekend. The StaxSR-009 mated to the Eddy Current electrostatic amp was truly a revalation. This is a perfect match. Best of luck on your audio quest.
Kenny, PM sent. David Pritchard
PM sent. David Pritchard