Posts by David Pritchard

My post suggesting Danley Sound was for member bcschmerker4. I think the logo for the CanJam SoCal is fabulous. Any chance of posters or T-Shirts?  I need to update my 2009 shirt and Wall Art!
I think it would be worth looking into Danley Sound products. Tom Danley (the man himself) is very active at the Audio Asylum Forum in the High Efficiency Speaker Forum.   Best wishes for a great outcome.   David Pritchard
Have my room reservation and plane tickets. Looking forward to this. Amazing the number of people from Can Jam 2009 that have signed up! Are the name badges going to have both Head-Fi and real names?   Looking forward to seeing a lot of great people.
Let's see I should only buy a product if I can establish scientific proof that it is superior. That certainly is one approach. And those who only have that philosophy should go back to the Sound Science Forum.   On this forum there are many posts concerning the sonic superiorty of  Steve Eddy's cables. I think that is great- people reporting what they hear in their system with his cables. Reading Steve's posts he should be complaining as his customers are making sonic...
I have been off  the internet for several days and have now opened this thread to read a lot of posts that are disappointing in their attitude, and lack of civility. As stated many posts earlier, I have a Synergistic Research Headphone Optimized Transducer. I have over fifty hours of listening to my audio system with the Transducer (HOT) in  and out of my system. With both my Sennheiser 800 and Sennheiser 650 headphones, I hear an improvement in the music that to me is...
MIKE:   Glad to know you have the Headphone  Transducer. With all your many systems, you are the ideal person to put it to a comprehensive test. I think we may even see a smile on Warren's face when he gives the Transducer a listen.    Your photos do a  good job of showing the transducer's size, and I am sure  they are the first to be published on the internet (does Mike Mercer ever sleep?). Your equipment pictures remind me of how far our hobby-passion has come since...
Like Mike Mercer,  I am a fan and user of Double Helix headphone cables. On my Sennheiser 800's I use Peter's now unobtainium Silver "R" cables.   Can the Double Helix+Sennheiser 800 or Audeze combination be taken to an even higher level? In my system the answer is an emphatic YES! Two weeks ago I inserted the Synergistic Research Headphone Optimized Transducer into my system. It is a cylinder that is 8 cm x2.5cmin size. It plugs into the amplifier 1/4 jack and then the...
No it is not heavy. It is about 8 centimeters long and 2.5 centimeters in diameter. I previously used a shortened paper cup under the Sennheiser 800 headphone jack amp input. I feel that electrical connections should be physically supported when easily done. I do not want a headphone jack to become a lose fit over time. The build quality of the HOTunit is very solid.
 My listening experience is similar to the Cable Company reports in many ways. The soundstage definitely is now wider and deeper such that the music is no longer inside the physical head but extends outward. This is very pleasing sonically. The sound is also more articulate but not due to increased brightness. There is less grain hence the relaxed and flowing analogy in my earlier post. Listening to multi instruments or vocals it is so much easier to pick out individual...
I do know that the Synergistic Research Headphone Optimized Transducer was developed using the Sennheiser 800 headphones I use, and the Audeze headphones that you use. It was also developed using several amps- both tubed and solid state.   I think you will really like what it will do. I look forward to reading your listening experience.