Posts by DefBringer

Can anyone recommend the best tips for a good seal with these?  I just tried using the stock rubber eartips, but not fitted over the rib, and the insertion is deeper and this is the first time I have had a good seal with these.  The bass is finally where I want it to be.   Are there longer tips that will let me run them over the rib and still get the deep insertion? BTW, why do people in this thread reference Comply T 500 when the Comply website specifically asks for T...
I have had my UE 900 IEMs for about a year now and really like them but the lack of lower-end punch is really just starting to irk me.  I have tried 3 different tips, both the rubber and 2 different set of Comply foam tips.  Even with a good seal, I just don't get much bass extension with these.   Can anyone recommend another IEM that delivers the great mid and high quality of the UE 900 but has a more "fun" sound with some nice deep bass extension? Something I can find...
 The UE 900 are not discontinued. They are still available, full price, from Logitech's website.Because some random customer service agent told someone's sister's cousin that they are discontinued does not make it so. :)
Absolutely.  You do not need to amplify these.  They sound great running off of my HTC Droid DNA.
FWIW,   I have a long standing history of hating IEMs, basically exhausting the entire Shure product line as well as a variety of Sonys, Beats, and others...all of which I found to be essentially trash.  I stuck with a variety of beloved Sennheiser on-ear headphones until I came across the S4 from Klipsch. That humble IEM lead me to the Monster Turbine Pro Golds and my desire for better has lead me to purchase the UE 900.     While these are the best IEMs I have...
After having several nightmare experiences returning IEMs to various online vendors after disappointing experiences with the monitors, I am no longer interested in patronizing anything other than brick-and-mortar stores for IEMs.  Brands such as Sony, Monster, Ultimate Ears, Q-Jays, Sennheiser, Shure, JVC, Audio Technica, Klipsch, etc are easily found in your local Best Buy, Apple, Microsoft, and audio specialty shops.     Other brands like Dunu, Phiaton, 1964Ears,...
I should mention that I do own a Little Dot 2++ although I have no idea if it is appropriate for the HD 650 or the type of music I enjoy which does require deep, fast bass.
Well guys, after a week of ownership I think I've decided the M50 just isn't for me. I'm happy with the sound. The comfort, the sweaty ears after 15 minutes....I just can't tolerate it. And yes, I've stretched them out. Can anyone here recommend a quality open headphone that is ultra comfortable and has an impressive deep end like the M50? I have a DT880 and I absolutely love it but the lower end is weak. So I'm looking for an open "bass monster" alternative to the...
I know that with headphones, different strokes for different folks, right?   I just bought my M50's on Friday and have only managed to put about 30 minutes of listening time in yet.  Mostly because I find the incredible pressure and closed nature of the headphones suffocating. Not painful, just suffocating.    The sounds that come out of the headphone are great, I think joker's reviews are spot-on...he did an excellent job of describing what to expect.   Maybe...
Easily.   I have tried plugging in my M50's into my 2g Nano, Laptop, and iPhone and each of those seemed more than capable of driving the M50 to deliver the rich sound it is supposed to give.