Posts by Fortgammon

Samson CH70 Studio "Reference" Headphones I bought when My Grado Sr80's broke the first time, i had to EQ my iAudio 7 just so the bass wouldn't blow my brains out, the first day I got them I took out the leather earpads and glue in pads from my broken Koss Ksc-75 to make them sound just OK, should've gotten another KSC-75 instead
I'm sure those are all good advice, but the bass was just a mention, my general problem is the lack of big improvement from upgrading to Mini3 from my Fiio E3, Quote: Originally Posted by EddieE Is your clip V1/Rockboxed? If so, Rockbox has a very good equaliser on it, you could just emphasise the bass using that if you want more of it. well the screen to my clip was been broken and blank for months now, I navigate my Music and Podcast...
I ABX'd My 320kbps and Flac version of Linkin Park's Papercut, I did multiple trials Score 5/7 Guess Prob: 22.7% I admit it wasn't easy, though the trails I failed at I rushed, the ones I got correct took me more time going back and forth through the samples. Papercut in Flac has never in my mind been very different versus it's 320kbps version even compare to other Flacs I've downloaded, and it's one of my most listen to songs This ABX option is quite entertaining I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistachio Yeah, that's the thing, you THINK you hear a difference. I am telling you that you don't ACTUALLY hear one. I have been involved with audiophoolery for a very long time now, I have read these forums since 2004, I have seen this topic come up a million times, and I have heard from people exactly like you who have never ABX'ed 320 vs Lossless and claim to be able to tell the difference, I used to be one of these people...
Listen to 4:35-6:05 forget that he talking about the Dac for a sec + YouTube Video ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed. I recommend listening to his review any ways even if you never plan on getting a Mclntosh MDA1000, I just like the way he talks audio Quote: Originally Posted by El_Doug once I was told that Taylor Hanson was a dude, I realized he had a penis. But even...
Quote: Originally Posted by danroche I've gotta back up Pistachio here 100%. I think it's incredibly easy to THINK you can tell the difference between 320kbps and FLAC, but putting your senses to the test can and pretty much always will tell you otherwise. Knowing what artifacts to look for can actually make you overconfident in this regard, as without the benefit of a blind test you will suddenly hear pre-echo and warble everywhere, even when it's not...
Quote: Originally Posted by flibottf He's right Just wanted to gave a short worded disagreement with his long post as irony But yeah I disagree, "tricky Genres?" "rare killer samples"? huh? every single Flac I ever download were superior, it's not 128kbps - 320kbps or maybe not a blind test difference but there a difference, it's take a little work as some of these song I listen too alot but picking up those extra bits of data can take some...
You're wrong
bump
Quote: Originally Posted by CML86 Accurate Item Description! Quick Shipping! Great Communication! Highly Recommended! ^agreed got a Mini3 from him, he shipped next day probably would've been same day if it wasn't a holiday and I had it in the mail by that Thursday