Posts by novasol

That's weird. The 818 was available on sonystye.ca last week. It's gone now, but my local sony did have one in stock. Another poster here said they saw them in store too. What's weirder is that my store only had a demo and said they were discontinued so it was their last one. Dunno, maybe they didn't sell well enough here??? Anyway best thing is get one from Ebay, make sure they will send USPS, regular mail, not courier. You'll always get hit with duty and tax with a...
Crap, I just went to order them out of my cart and saw the $100 to $140 price increase...man I took too long deciding which ones I was going to get Sooo, if anybody wants to sell theirs or got a second pair at the 100 price mark pm me, please : )
You can order from Amazon $199, no tax, but they are taking 2-4weeks to ship out Walmart online also for about $177, with tax and shipping about $205, you should get it in 8-12 days. Walmart is pretty much out of stock in all their stores Crutchfield online for $199..don't know how long it takes to ship. Circuit City is out of stock online, also none in Miami stores..I just checked online for you.. Hope this helps
Quote: Originally Posted by mattmoto The player I had in mind was the Sony NWZ-81X. Seems as if a few people here agreed with me! Anyone here have any more recommendations? Is my choice a good choice? thanks! Amazon has the NWZ-816 for $133..I really don't think you'll find a better player for the price. I have one and would have paid a lot more....only a Kenwood at $200 or so would have made me change my mind Sound quality is awesome,...
This is turning into an interesting thread..what matches well with the s61x and a81x series. Nice I'm leaning towards the Denons, giving them a good audition, then pick up some IM716's or PK3's depending on my needs..more of an earbud or more of an IEM. Seems like the Denons fall in between, design wise. The E4C seem to be more neutral, less musical(from the reviews here)..perhaps not to my taste..interesting though that you said they match well with the Sony NWZ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads The denons are amazing, you're going to hear some great things about them around here. For 100.00 I think they can't be beat, great bass (not mushy) great slightly forward mids and really clean detailed highs Oh and they pair great with the sony, soozieq will tell you!! thanks, just looked at threads on here about the Denons. I think I'll really like the sound signature....a dynamic driver is...
Awesome, thanks tstarn... I'll probably get the Im716's since they seem to be such a great deal, but I'm concerned about having to amp them. How do your pk3's stack up to them? Yes, I know they're an earbud, but I need something for walking around/gym as well..I like earbuds for this purpose as they allow external sound in and it isn't so critical that they stay exactly in place like an IEM. I'm concerned that the IEM's won't stay in place as I'm working out. If the...
***I already posted this in the headphone forum but I think it is better suited here, considering I'm talking about an mp3 player*** I've been lurking for a while here, and on recommendations ordered a Sony NWZ-A816. From reviews here and on Amazon, it seems the Altec Lansing IM716 would be a good IEM for me....I love a big soundstage, aggressive sound that's in your face.....not laid back I guess. I tend to use EQ's quite liberally. Sorry I may not have all the terms...
I've been lurking for a while here, and on recommendations ordered a Sony NWZ-A816. From reviews here and on Amazon, it seems the Altec Lansing IM716 would be a good IEM for me....I love a big soundstage, aggressive sound that's in your face.....not laid back I guess. I tend to use EQ's quite liberally. Sorry I may not have all the terms correct, but I'm very new to the world of hi fi phones. Question is, will the Sony drive the 716's well without an amp? I need...