Posts by novasol

Bump in the quest for more info Ok, so I'm down to the ER6i's or the ER4p's. Now the Audi Technica line has me intrigued. I know they are buds, but the ATH-CM700's and the EC700's have good reviews and comments about their detail and clarity. Anybody A and B these? I'm really looking for the most detailed clear sounding phone. EDIT: I realize what I'm looking for are phones to tighten the wide soundstage of the Sony, brighten the warmth a bit... giving me a faster,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Binaural Fusion You know, much to mine own consternation, I spend more time listening to those than I do headphones. They're a pretty decent little computer speaker, but, the time is nigh when I plan to upgrade to studio monitors, so I'll enjoy them until then. Thumbs up on the mx5021 from me, by far the best "consumer" grade speakers on the market(yeah I rate them above the Klipsch). You'd be surprised how good they...
Difference between the ER4p and ER6i? I've read conflicting opinions, some say ER4p is more detailed with more air and forward sounding treble..others opinions I've read say the ER4p is warmer sounding. I wish I could just audition a few phones
Damn, it's like the Sony was made for the ER6i case.....NICE Any experience with Denon C700's compared to the ER6i's? (I really want to like these phones after all the awesome reviews on the site..lol)
Thanks for the input on the c700's. I posted in the portable section and a few people suggested the ER6i's. Wondering if somebody can A and B these two phones. I haven't seen a comparo, just comments on the bass being weak with the ER6i(I'm not a basshead so no biggie) ER6i very detailed and distinct highs and the c700's maybe fuller sounding. I'd trade off the warmth for clarity though, if the ER6i is significantly more detailed, with better clarity than the c700's. ...
*posted in headphone forum, better suited here* Well after listening to my new sony a818 for a few weeks now, I've decided I don't like it's overly warmness. Well, actually I like the warmth, but not the laid back sound that seems to go with it. I am using the stock phones that came with it, but I don' t find them to be the issue. I guess I'm looking for an IEM/bud/canalphone that will bring the soundstage more forward, more in the face... My favorite matchup for...
Well after listening to my new sony a818 for a few weeks now, I've decided I don't like it's overly warmness. Well, actually I like the warmth, but not the laid back sound that seems to go with it. I am using the stock phones that came with it, but I don' t find them to be the issue. I guess I'm looking for an IEM/bud that will bring the soundstage more forward, more in the face... My favorite matchup for home gear is NAD components with PSB/Paradigm speakers(Canadian)....
If you enter a US address on Amazon.com(valid or not) you should be good to go. They don't check, or at least last I knew they weren't.
I just picked up an 818 and picking up an 816 that I just ordered from Amazon in the US. If you want the 816 I'll sell it to you, or anyone for that matter, for $138 CDN plus shipping(I'm in Halifax, NS). PM me...it's being returned to Amazon Friday while I'm in NY if no-one wants it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mik You sure it was A818 and not A808? I know sonystyle.ca used to have A808 for sale, but A818 was never listed in the press release for Sony Canada when they launched the new mp3 players here last fall. Yes, that makes more sense. The 808 looks exactly like the 818..I didn't flip it over to read the model number...