Posts by novasol

Quote: Originally Posted by RoadHazard Yeah. Seeing as how the A82x series supposedly has the same sound chip as the A81x series (and the S61x I guess), and the exact same EQ and "sound enhancing" (though whether those actually enhance anything is entirely subjective) technologies, why would it sound any different? It also plays the exact same file formats (both audio and video) as the A81x. So, to me the A82x really seems to be just the same thing as...
Quote: Originally Posted by umgoblue2008 My guess is that the A82x/A72x probably sounds the same as A81x/A7x. I've tried the A816 and A728 at best buy with my Shure530 earphones. Provided that i only heard the testing music (ava adele and some other songs), they sounded similar, which is to say great. I tried the A816 two weeks before A728, just to note. Thanks, just what I was looking for. By Headfi'ers I was referring to Headfi members who had...
Can any Headfi'ers report on the sound quality difference between the 810 and the new 820 series?
Quote: Originally Posted by novasol Yes, the Sony is very dependent on the phones you use. The stock ones are boomy but sound decent as you found. If you like your bass be really careful about buying Ety's or Altec Lansing IM716's(as I have). The bass is pretty non-existent with my Altecs, even putting the Clear Bass up to +3. Clarity, on the other hand, is incredible with these phones + Sony. In contrast, the IM716's have much more bass slam on my JVC...
Quote: Originally Posted by elnero Hard to say, UPS charges exorbitant brokerage fees but I don't think FedEx is as bad. I got burned a couple of times by UPS so now I try to avoid those types of couriers if at all possible. Yeah, never get anything UPS. Even Fedex charges too much IMO. I always get things sent USPS, Canada customs charges a $5 flat handling fee(it's not a brokerage fee) and you pay taxes plus duty(if applicable). In general if...
OK, I need Car Charger for my JVC XA-HD500 player. It's a Mini USB..the line voltage charger draws 400mah at DC5V. Anyone know of any compatible USB Car Chargers? A lot of them are rated 5V, but don't specify the amperage. Are there any dangers with going over the rated amperage draw? Even if someone knows a car charger that doesn't have a USB end is great(cellphone for example), I'll just splice a Mini USB onto the end.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparky191 bestnaru -novasol I think what I'm hearing is that the Sony is showing the limitation in my phones and my source material. On the other players/phones I have the weakness of the earphones and source material is smoothed out, or sounds better than it is. So I probably need better earphones to get the best out the Sony. The supplied phones the EX82 (I think) sound the best balanced vs the other low end phones I...
I found the Sony really shows the difference between low and high quality recording and bitrates. 128 and Lame VBR(highest) sound very different on the Sony, not so much on my wife's Shuffle 2nd gen. To me, everything sounds equally dull on the shuffle. A good audio source will accentuate a bad quality recording more so than an average quality source...encode everything using Lame 3.97 at VBR 0 new and compare Sony/Shuffle. The stock headphones are boomy, as are the...
got it right, from the onboard crappy soundchip and speakers of my hp laptop.. Seemed to be more dense at the end with 128
Quote: Originally Posted by Sceptre I all. I have ordered these from Soundearphones and they state it might take 25 days to arrive. I shall share the costs of customs with you so you can gauge the total cost of purchase. Regards Sceptre