Posts by novasol

Quote: Originally Posted by woopididi i'm now ripping with EAC with the help of the guide that monolith gave, it's great! i ripped my songs at V0 LAME VBR (192 KBPS). is it good? V0 VBR overrides the manual setting of 192...at V0 you're getting the best possible encoding quality from your rips.
Quote: Originally Posted by kpeezy Is that code real? Looks like I'm buying something come Monday. Edit: Apparently it's not real Worked for me(I stopped short of buying it though). Add it to your cart, do your name thing,next screen there's a space for a coupon. put in WALKMAN40, and it deducts $40. Has to be on the overstock one though, won't work if you're trying it on refurbished. Note: It's only good until April 10
Quote: Originally Posted by omph I was wondering if any of the new A728/A828 owners are experiencing any of the issues in this thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/so...faulty-312211/ I already posted a question on it but didn't know if any A728/A828 owners would read it since the title did not address these models I would really like to get a drag and drop Sony flash dap w/o the issues. Thanks in advance! I'm pretty sure it's not a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician I own a 818 and a 805 On the 818 I do get the problems mentioned by the OP which I dont get on my 805. I found the problem... dissable Dynamic normalliser on the 818 - everything sound fine now. BTW Dynamic normaliser works on the 805 so its a bug in the 818's firmware. I must agree that the 805 sounds better than my 818. The 805 has a punchier sound with bit more "fizz" in the sound. Saying that I use my...
What..talking? You mean we'd have to drop the charade of who we pretend to be online...and gasp..be ourselves and actually communicate verbally? What are we going to do with all our spare time then, if problems are resolved so simply?...patience little grasshopper, search, search more, get frustrated with all the endless opinions and psuedo facts and then post a question only to be told to "google it" Home theatre...hmmm, I'm just trying to get a projector/screen...
A quote from a reviewer on Cnet "Let's just say that at first I was a little freaked out. I had it on the user EQ setting with the "CLEAN BASS" setting at "MAX" with the volume turned all the way up. All at once the volume started to "breathe". The "CLEAN BASS" feature seems to not only boost the bass but to cut the interfering frequencies around it to allow the bass frequencies to cut through cleanly. When the setting is too high, and the volume is at max, the volume...
Quote: Originally Posted by RoadHazard Haven't noticed anything like that with my Denon AH-C551s plugged into my A818. I usually keep the EQ completely flat though, since the phones sound so great on their own, but I have played around with the EQ settings and Clear Bass of course - especially with the included MDR-EX082s, which really need a bass boost. But then again maybe I shouldn't if only happens with your 716s. Why would it only happen with...
I believe I've found a serious fault with the previous version Sony's. At volume levels between 21-30, the Clear Bass creates a volume inconsistency....BADLY. It's as if the song is going up and down in volume....like turning your amplifier knob up and down rapidly every second to create a loud,soft, loud, soft effect. The higher the Clear Bass, the worse the effect. Turning off the Clear Bass fixes the problem and restores loudness to a level volume. In fact, the entire...
Quote: Originally Posted by sabesh The s61x is wider and thicker than the a81x....also the 3g nano is much larger than the previous generations.
Headphones have a big impact on the 81x series sound signature. You will get a lot of clarity with the Etymotics, but not much bass at all. I use the Altec IM716's(similar sound to Ety) and find them very bass deficient on the Sony, but pretty good on my JVC. The stock phones are rather bass heavy and muddy, but better on my other two players. A well balanced phone would work the best IMO...I've never heard the Denon 700's but would recommend them as a safe bet.