Posts by novasol

Quote: Originally Posted by navmau I am reading this thread and am really surprised at the volumes being listened to. I use future sonics IEMs and at home, I can't go over volume 5 and when on the bus, a max of 9! Anything louder than this on my S616F is just too loud! Try plugging in a pair of high impedance phones (like 90+) and then you'll see what we're talking about. The Altec Lansing IM716's are rated 91 on HD mode and anything below 15...
Quote: Originally Posted by keiron99 How did you manage to transfer your music onto the 829 in the store? Don't you need a PC to do that? Yes, they had laptops in store and I brought my WM-PORT cable..which luckily fit the 829
Quote: Originally Posted by breezy_amar Novasol, how does the sound quality of the 829 compare to the 818? and also, does the new sony media manager support gapless? I don't own the 829, so I can only say that I didn't notice any difference in sound quality between it and my 818 in the store. It's not critical listening, but I did transfer some of my high quality CD rips at Lame VO to the 829 and with my Altec IM716's the players sounded the same....
The 829 was at a Sony Style store here in Canada for $329..close to the US price now. They're a lot larger than I expected, a little too large for me actually. I prefer my a818. I used my Altec IM716 phones...do not get these if you like your Clear Bass
Quote: Originally Posted by omph I was wondering if any of the new A728/A828 owners are experiencing any of the issues in this thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/so...faulty-312211/ I already posted a question on it but didn't know if any A728/A828 owners would read it since the title did not address these models I would really like to get a drag and drop Sony flash dap w/o the issues. Thanks in advance! Just listened to the new...
Quote: Originally Posted by majkel Despite 37mW per channel, the D2 will distort at the highest volume levels on low impedance headphones (32 ohm for sure), so effectively without distortion any iRiver will play louder. The situation reverts when you take a >50 ohm pair of headphones. However, I'm pretty impressed with the iRiver E10 - it's the loudest iRiver, and probably the best sounding. For full enjoyment you need to encode your music with ogg Vorbis...
Sony will do it, I listen at around 23(out of 30) volume. Can't use the Clear Bass at that volume though so look elsewhere if you need your bass.
Quote: Originally Posted by jamestony You know what I just thought of, I have a an old pair of Altec Lansing 2.0 speakers connected to the sound card, with my grado's going to a headphone hole in the speakers and I control the volume throught the speakers. Do the speakers act as some kimd of amp, I do have to plug them in to an outlet to for them to work. Yes. You should plug into the headphone input on the computer to take out the speaker amp.
Bought a pair of IM716's from Dave. He sent an email with a picture as requested and gave me a fair deal to ship to Canada. Package arrived on time and exactly as pictured. A no-nonsense and good guy to deal with.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo Now that you speak about Panasonic portables... since the time of the walkman cassette players, IMHO Panasonic made the best sounding ones and later when portable CDs came available, they also were top for SQ. I wonder why they don't have a solid line of mp3 players. Do you know anything about Panasonic making now or in the future DAPs? Rgrds. They do. Check out their D-Snap line. I can't seem to find...