or Connect

Posts by Currawong

So far, with the HE1000's bass becoming more tamed, yet the treble being still bright, I am liking the Brimar 6V6GTs with it. Edit: @KB I can't remember if anyone has asked, but I'm wondering if the 6SN7 slot can have a 6SL7 put in it, or would that have too high an output?
@miceblue  I might report that as a formatting issue with the mobile version. 
I have been slower burning in my pair but the imaging depth seems to be improving with time. Before I was rather disappointed, especially compared to the Ethers, but now they are both more on an even keel. I've been having some "I thought I left my speakers switched on" moments lately. The treble is still a bit on the bright side, even with things warmed up a bit by the Brimar 6V6GTs on the output of the Studio Six.  I'm still not sure that they'll compete with Stax...
 That's correct. For now you can only create threads in this forum. This is for a number of reasons ranging from people creating threads in the wrong forum to problems with spammers. If you create a thread in this forum and it is more appropriate for another forum it will be moved there. Since most new members are asking questions, then the appropriate forum is this one. New threads may take a few hours to approve (depending on which moderators are around) so please be...
While we're at it, since we don't allow people to flip headphones for a profit, and you seem to have bought them recently (going by the other classified you posted asking for a pair) please provide details of how much you paid for them, including a scan or screenshot of the receipt (with personal details blanked out). Thanks.
Please create only one listing.
Guys, just remember that a LOT of people go to impressions threads to read impressions, so try not to overdo the off-topic stuff. 
 The HE1000s are more like a 'stat, but with amazingly visceral bass, at least in the version I have. With some pad tweaks members have tried it apparently becomes more impactful, but at least with the gear I have, it is still more on the "light and airy" side of things. The Ethers are more like an Audeze planar in that it depends on the amp. It's probably easiest to say what I wrote before, which is that if you thought the LCD-X or LCD-3 was too dark, then you'll like the...
Stay on topic guys.
I've moved discussion about listening testing to Sound Science here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/771254/testing-claims-about-the-sound-of-different-dacs