Posts by Currawong

Our rule is no selling specifically for profit. However, products that have appreciated in value since purchase, such as some famous headphones, can be sold if they've been owned for at least 6 months. It all depends on the intent.
Oh dear, that's going to be torture walking between floors. I guess we're going to be getting a lot of exercise.
Slightly OT: There is the world's largest headphone meet (or still largest as far as I know) happening in Tokyo on May 10. 
The problem in Japan is, shops can be on any floor of a building. Instead of malls that are spread out across 1-3 floors, stores in places like Akihabara are in small, tall buildings which are one-shop-per-floor, rather like we might have doctors, dentists, lawyers and other professionals in small office blocks.
For the effects of long-term radiation exposure, I believe the the increase cancer and birth defect rates throughout Europe after Chernobyl are well documented.   I'm more worried about the clouds of pollution that float over from China to here, not to mention the quality of food I eat, amount of exercise I do and stress I have, long before I worry about a slight increase of radiation. 
Hold it right there! Put the photoshop DOWN! Put it DOWN!   
I did the usual run to a local park to take pictures of the cherry blossoms before the rain takes them away for another year.                      
I've also made the guide below into an article, here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-find-the-tokyo-e-earphone-shop   I think I need to make a video guide on how to get to e-earphone. The difficulty is finding the entrance to the building which has their orange sign.     The red writing on the road across the middle says "Chuo Dori". It's the huge main road. The train line on it is a subway.  The small orange box is the building e-earphone is in. The big pink...
 Awesome! Look forward to meeting you. I haven't booked my tickets yet but I will probably fly in Thursday at some point, so it will be cool to meet up. If you want a cheap hotel, the Washington in Shinjuku is only about $80/night for a seriously small room. The place we usually stay is double that.
 I'm not sure it is that, but the tuning of the AK240. If you put a typical HD-800 tuned aftermarket cable on, which is intentionally designed to give the HD-800 a bit more warmth in the bass, the issue disappears. When switching between balanced HD-800 cables on the AK240, this was readily apparent. In my experience, when an amp does not do a good job of driving a pair of high-impedance headphones, you get a narrow soundstage where it should be wide. When it has trouble...