or Connect

Posts by Currawong

I think that's enough of that discussion. Please discuss the headphones, or wait for more impressions. 
 You'd need to install 10.7, not El Capitan, and only if, for whatever reason, 10.6.8 can't read or format the micro SD card.  There will be no problem. If you rip a CD, there is NO DRM added to the files. You'd want to use an external HD, not iCloud. If you rip a CD, the files are stored as files on the hard drive, which can be copied like any other file without issues. This has zero to do with iTunes, or Apple accounts or anything else like that.
Of the woman? 
I'd like to read some discussion of the headphones, along with impressions too, not just arguments containing conspiracy theories. Seriously, if a manufacturer produces a bad statement headphone, they, and anyone who reports their performance in a way that conflicts drastically with that of many customers, has a much bigger distance to fall.    I can think of one manufacturer whose $3k statement headphones turned out extremely bad, and they were rubbished as a result....
It is sad to see someone who doesn't seem to understand what I just said. It isn't about "sides". Yes, I hope eventually I might be able to give one of these things a try, especially as the best results I've had with digital transports has been my iPad streaming high-res (that is audio over IP!). I reckon that, compared with expensive USB converters, one of which I own, the reason these AOIP devices give better results is that you're paying for the tech, and subsequent...
https://roonlabs.com Allows high-res streaming through your house from your music library. If the D100PRO could run Roon, that'd be fantastic.  The relevant page for you: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_partner_programs What would make the D100 great is if it could do what Sonore's microRendu does. It supports the common types of streaming. That page will give you an idea what is popular nowadays.
 I don't believe it has to do with AOIP specifically, but the quality of the design of the devices you have all bought, which will have been designed to extremely high standards, given they are intended for pro-audio users. Something you will need to avoid is the "us versus them" mentality. If this thread is going to turn into what is effectively an "appreciation" thread (which we don't allow any longer) where balanced discussion is put down and people are attacked, it's...
 If you are using iTunes alone and the output of the Mac (set in Audio Midi Set-up) is set to the same bit rate and sample rate as the music, there will be no digital alteration -- it will be bit-perfect. If you are using iTunes alone and the output of the Mac is set to a different bit-rate or sample-rate, there will be re-sampling done by the system (Core Audio) which will cause detriment to the sound.  If you are using Audirvana+ (as well as some other players) they will...
 It's something I've been meaning to write (or make a video) about for some time, but the idea of "need" in the hobby is nonsense. Beyond the basic technical requirements, it is all about how far we wish to take our enjoyment.  For my own satisfaction, I should really sell everything I own that I don't need and buy a Chord DAVE. Now I've had one in my own home for a week I realise now how far things can go. I guess in a way it is like sex: Once you've experienced it, you...
 Not so much that I want more, but I have an AK380 here now, and my main DAC is an Yggdrasil, so maybe that is why.  I am wondering what would happen if they did as Soundaware has and offer a version with upgraded parts for a bit more.  After using the Soundaware M1 Analog version (and maybe the Hifiman HM901 with the balanced amp module) the Mojo does sound rather "dry". It's all relative. Depending what I'm listening with and IEMs or headphones I'm using, I feel I get...