or Connect

Posts by Currawong

Good question! I just plugged them in, and much the same deal as I already wrote. I like the way the smoothness in the treble of the NFB1AMP works with the HE1000s. Tempting me to consider a Master 9 for them now actually.
The box arrived and I've been having fun with drills and files. Now I'm going to have to unsubscribe I think, lest I start getting tempted to buy more gear to tweak with!      
I'm going to suggest that the Mojo may not be adequate. I tried the LCD-4s with the Mojo on the weekend and it was a failure, the bass falling apart quite dramatically. I didn't try the LCD-3s, but given the not to dissimilar specs for the latest version of them, it doesn't look hopeful. 
MrSpeakers Dan Clark gave a presentation to the press the night before the show where he had both tube and solid-state Liquid Lightnings and a Headamp Blue Hawaii, fed by the latest Bricasti M1, to demonstrate three different tunings of his electrostats. His main emphasis is to make a pair that has good bass punch. My impressions were that he was well on his way to doing that, with a very delightful sound coming from all pairs.     He also had his own custom Ether Cs,...
Zonotone This was the first time I remember a manufacturer here laying out all their cables on the table, literally, for show.      Fostex I had a quick go with Fostex's latest headphones, of which both the T20/40/50 and TR70/80/90 series are open, semi-closed or closed-backed depending on model chosen. I had a listen with the T20RP MKIII and I thought they were stellar, making...
SAEC     I reported previously that this Japanese company had been making headphone cables, but this time I noticed that they're now making high-quality USB cables as well, for what would amount to around the US$100 mark. Given the importance of noise isolation with some USB-connected components to getting the best sonic results, I might have to check these out in the future.    Audioquest / Kimber Cable     Audioquest is selling a line of aftermarket cables...
Nice user name. :)   I'm actually interested in the answer to this as well. I suspect that given my poor experiences with cheap shotgun mics picking up way too much noise, that the answer is going to be a professional model in the hundreds of dollars.
Erm, no they don't. We get a great many people signing up asking for information, as well as a great many regular members doing the same. If people decide to take on a bias after that, for whatever reason, then that's their prerogative.  What I'm more concerned with, when it comes to the things jcx talks about, is useful information that can help people when they make choices.  This is going off-topic though. If you want to discuss it further, PM me (and include jcx if he...
jcx: Instead of ranting on about people why don't you post some constructive examples of science that can help us relate to our enjoyment when listening? When people come to these forums, they come interested in how they can improve their enjoyment of listening to music. They don't come to be told rude things about themselves. So I'd suggest that if you want things to be better in some way here, you lead by constructive example, because at the moment, you're making science...