or Connect

Posts by Currawong

Stalky and Co. -- The United Idolators -- Rudyard Kipling.
I had a listen to Mediterranean Sundance/Rio Ancho from Friday Night in San Francisco, which is one of the fastest and most detailed albums I have and I see what you are getting at, though it wasn't dramatic.  The Mojo vs. my full-sized amp the latter has a more spacious presentation and more detail can be drawn out. However there isn't any soundstage compression at all during the fastest passages from the Mojo, which is very good going.  OT: I tried the Black Widow...
I auditioned an almost final pair at Audeze when I was in the US. There was some seriously good sound coming from them, enough that I reckon they will seriously challenge high-end IEMs. However I don't remember how well they isolate, so that may limit how they can be used to some degree.
 When mentioning science, or "the scientific community" (which a considerable number of my family are qualified members of) then you need to provide proper sources for your comments. If there is a consensus, derived from experiments by independent researchers, then you should be able to link to the papers written on the topic. At the very least, someone should have measured, with sufficient equipment, the output of a DAP playing back the same track from both a regular...
I reckon if your marriage was destined to end, then at least it has ended before you've had kids, where things could have ended up very ugly.     Get some stones, go down to the sea, focus all your anger and whatever into each stone and then toss them into the waves as you do so, and let it all go completely.   That being done, you'll probably find the woman you're really meant to be with. 
I don't think that is a sensible thought. The R10s were $2500 (about $4000 in today's money) with a very fancy case. I assume the Z1Rs don't have a super-fancy leather and wood case this time. They don't have exotically shaped woods either, and taking into account what are likely more efficient methods of manufacture and the simpler design of at least the headband and gimbals, a much higher price is arguably unnecessary. Regardless, I'd put the R10s performance on the same...
Ultra clarity: Yes. Forward mid-range: No.   The most mid-forward planars I know of are the Audeze LCD-XC. I only have a very old pair and the drivers have changed quite a bit since then. 
 Nao Tsunoda will have been involved without a doubt. I've only been asking him for 5 years when they were going to make an R10 successor.   I'd be very surprised if they lacked deep bass, going from their history of preferring headphones and IEMs that have an extended deep bass response. 
 Some thoughts about the X7:MQA:  As much talk as there is about it, there isn't any MQA music. It's not even worth thinking about right now.DSD: Nor really is DSD. It attempts to fix one problem by causing another, and the files take up whopping amounts of space. All but a tiny amount of DSD is derived from PCM anyway.APTx: I thought the X7 did support it. I'll check because I'm in the middle of preparing a review of it.Balanced: If you don't have balanced IEMs, don't...