or Connect

Posts by Currawong

No, not yet. The main engineer was there and I talked to him briefly. Plenty of other 'stats there though.  I'm still writing up my report. 
I spent quite a bit of time with both the Shangri La (pre-show) and Sonoma so far.  The Shangri La was fed by a Chord Dave and was magnificent, and is apparently capable of better according to Fang, as are going to be some changes in final production -- itself the result of many years of work. It has a super spacious sound that presents the music very accurately.  I tested mostly high-quality recordings, including a fair bit of binaural where it was obviously most suited....
Apex Audio has had the Sangaku out for a while with it: http://www.apexhifi.com/Sangaku.htm   Pete Millet, by lucky chance, had arranged to travel to Japan at the same time as the show and he brought one with him.
Had a great day today and tried quite a bit of interesting gear, including a surprising number of electrostats.    I hope everyone that was too shy to say hello today will come and say hi tomorrow.
Personally, I've waited over 2 years collectively for various products (3 if a pre-order I sold on to another person is included). 
 The vast majority of people who buy a product will never even attempt to comment on it, let alone review it. On Head-Fi, it's usually only when either someone enthusiastic to share their impressions, or a seasoned member gets hold of something that you see anything like a review. If a product is getting a large number of reviews, it is because it is selling in great quantities, the manufacturer is very well-known here, they have sent out dozens of review samples, or some...
 I don't know. Having spent enough time with manufacturers discussing all the trouble they go to when making a product, I'm not so quick to criticise. It would be interesting to actually sit down with Fang and discuss everything that went into the design.  That being said, there are many aspects of the design that were somewhat WTF for me -- the same as they were for everyone else. I held off reviewing them until I could get a good aftermarket cable, but by the time I did...
@AnakChan  was kind enough to lend me his pair and here is my review, including video:   http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-800-s/reviews/17087
The demand from those particular manufacturers has been insane.   Focal can't keep up with demand, something that they had zero idea going in what it would be. Mr Speakers already had a hit in the Ether and Ether C, so the Flow models, after a bunch of very positive reviews and meet comments I don't doubt easily overwhelmed them. Dan has already begun swallowing extra space for manufacturing. Cavalli Audio is in the process of manufacturing their cheaper models,...