Posts by Currawong

I agree: They are best if the S-Logic works well with your ears and brain. If not, they sound rather odd.
The video was a bit rushed, but here it is:  
 From their web site: 
 Note: I think he meant "spacing before punctuation".
Balanced cabling is supposed to have a ground connection as well. 4-pin XLRs do not. I'm not sure how they came up with their design, but it is regularly duplicated with regular 3.5mm TRS plugs, so I think it is better than, say, what Sennheiser used. Regardless, Sony are proposing a new 5-pole TRS (or rather, TRRRS) plug which is 4.4mm to cover all scenarios, be reasonably small and yet have good a contact area.
I  had all three here again for a week, and roughly:   840: Warmer and more bass-oriented than the others, but the bass isn't great and bleeds into the mids a lot. 860: Considerably bass-light, moving the emphasis to the mid-range and treble much more. With some of the music I like that already has a good bass kick, this balances the sound out nicely, but the signature can be too thin for some music. 880: More bass this time, but not quite as much as the 840. The sound...
I'm overdue reviewing them. They are something of a contradiction, but then aren't all headphones?  The mid-range is lovely, a reminder of why we like planar headphones. They have a more Audeze-like sound signature, flat through the bass and with a drop-off in the treble. The smaller driver does two things less capably than the LCD-Xs I have here: Very low bass and a wide soundstage, the soundstage seeming more like it was in my head than outside it. The first is simply...
 IIRC he also made transducers that convert RF etc. into heat to attach to the main board of amps.  Yes. I think the more general question of how these things affects audio components is a good one. One thing I've pondered for a very long time is, if one put a Faraday cage around one's place of abode (assuming it was in the middle of a large city) and blocked all RF, would one's audio system sound quality improve or not. That is going a bit off-topic though.  The upshot of...
 Yes. At first I didn't notice any difference. Actually, it was quite funny. I plugged it into the Studio Six and plugged my headphones, then switched back and forth, listening to the same song from beginning to end, not noticing any difference at all. Then I tried switching mid-song and the music kept playing -- I was moving the wrong plug! (I was using the same type of aftermarket cables for two different pairs of headphones.) So I definitely wasn't expecting any...