or Connect

Posts by Currawong

At the SF meet, the Ether Flow's treble sounded a bit dull to me, but with the same pair here now I don't feel that at all. That makes it either meet impression weirdness or that they needed more hours on them. However, my impressions out of the Mojo at the SF were similar to what other people have written above -- I felt the Flows needed more power, but they were louder at the same volume from the Studio Six. That possibly makes it a gear synergy thing I reckon.
Various people reported posts here, so I decided to investigate what was going on. I wont go into full detail of everything I did or discovered, but here are the main points:   I asked compicat for the manufacturer of the wire he uses for the Celestine cable, which his site describes as "Highest purity, 4 strands of 25.5AWG, Triple cryoed 7N, Silver & Gold(up to %4), Litz with PE insulation.". I contacted that manufacturer who verified that he'd never done business with...
Shamelessly crossposting this pic:   This was surprisingly good-sounding, with a cohesive (bass, mids and treble all coherent without any imbalance) sound. The bass is fantastic (as to be expected from a dynamic driver). The treble is rather sparkly I find, sitting on the edge between being airy with some music and showing up recording flaws with others. The upper-mids are a bit too forward for taste with the stock tips.    Edit: I just switched to SpinFits. A...
Do you have a USB hub you can try with the Mac? My iMac will not recognise the Yggy's USB from a USB 3.0 port, so I use a USB 2.0 hub.
 I use an iMac, where I can verify APTx transmission. 
 For reasons unknown, using an AK100 doesn't sound as good as the M1 or my iPhone.
Tonight's rig. Disproportionally weird, but for good reason.  
My review is in: http://www.head-fi.org/products/wooaudio-wa8-eclipse/reviews/16620   I hadn't realised that Jack lent a unit to both myself an Anakchan. I was sitting here thinking that this might be more suitable for him to review since he is interested in serious portable gear, more so than I am. 
Mine just arrived. I don't know if they need any amount of use before they sound their best, but so far so good with some classical music.