or Connect

Posts by Currawong

Yup, both feedback accounts were accounts created by him. He is in Japan at the moment!  He unfortunately continues to create new profiles. We're up to 19 so far!
Currawong|M|1
I think it is time to revisit these... 
@gixxerwimp  and @gabriel-dan I've started a new thread here for the next festival:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/777257/2015-tokyo-autumn-fujiya-avic-headphone-festival
Since some people wish to start planning early, I'm starting up a thread for this event. It will be held on 24-25 October.   A number of us will be there checking out all the new products and meeting old friends on both sides of the tables.  
One of the main qualities of the K701s and later versions was their uncanny spaciousness. The bass in the K7XX fleshes out the bass compared to the original design just enough IMO. Open-backed headphones, without a significant change in the design of the driver, aren't going to have more bass without a lot more distortion as I understand it. If you want more bass, you really have to move to the old Denon D2000/D5000 series or the new Fostex TH600. The D5000s were almost...
What do you mean by bypass? You could do the up-sampling on a computer with iZotope or similar (built into some audiophile players, such as Audirvana in OSX) or do you mean physically bypassing it? 
Threads merged.
 It isn't wired out-of-phase is it? 
I think it is very good for IEM use, especially top-of-the-line IEMs.