Posts by Currawong

No idea. If you check my profile, you'll see I've never had the 1540s in my possession. 
 This video needs an updated version now as the new pads give the sound a bit more space and possibly reduce the bass a little. They are on the warm side of neutral, which makes them an easy all-rounder. Here are how they look with the new pads, which anyone who bought them recently will get. The first picture shows one of the original pads for comparison.   
Thanks for pointing that out, it was a typo. It should have said "DAPs". 
At some point they have to release the product and sell it otherwise nobody gets anything. In many cases, updates are the result of new discoveries which they weren't aware of, or hadn't developed at the time. I don't think that any company would ever feel that a product is 100% complete and that there is no further work to be done, otherwise we'd all still be using technology from decades ago, or living like the Amish.   With some headphones I do agree that a couple of...
 I don't think the situation with medical companies (who are the ones mainly responsible for medical treatment costing so much) compare to the small guys who build headphones. Go to the actual factories of companies like Audeze and MrSpeakers and go and see for yourself the work that goes into what they do. I want to see (based on whomever made the comment) you tell them that it only takes "a few months" to design a TOTL headphone, and do it yourself, including building a...
 Such as? I'm no longer moderating, but since I was effectively much of the "management" over many years, I'd like to know what I did to kill DIY, considering I didn't do any other than ban most group buys after a few extreme disasters, and I never got paid to admin the forums and certainly have no idea what "traffic" the site received for the most part. That would be like saying that hardware stores are a threat to manufacturers. The only thing that happened, not...
The balanced cable, but I'm using both out of a Mojo mainly, with an adaptor.  There's no particular change using the Cozoy Rei, or Yggy to CV5. I tried the AK380 for a bit, but I didn't end up liking it as much. I'll sit down and go through both cables and the usual tips and see what I can figure out.    Edit: The treble is nicest with the Ref 8 + Spiral Dot, even if it makes the Vegas a bit brighter.  The inner tube size of the Spinfits and the included foam tips seems...
I don't agree with "fighting back". If anything, cheaper gear of all kinds has improved vastly as a result of the "1%" buying the super-over-engineered products. As I've pointed out, you can get $50 IEMs now that sound fantastic. To add to that, If you want a pair of excellent headphones for a few hundred dollars, I'd pick, maybe surprisingly, a pair of Sony 1000X Bluetooth, noise-cancelling headphones, as you don't need anything beyond your smart phone to get excellent...
Lately I've been using the Reference 8 cable and Spiral Dot tips and the sound has been much more even. What has been impressing me most is that even though the treble has a bit of a peak that is stronger than I would like for choice, the precision, speed and lack of anything unpleasant makes it incredibly enjoyable to listen even to music that was less than perfectly made.   My favorite track from recent listening has been Bob Marley's Sun is Shining on TIDAL.  The...
 I don't think it is that. The un-decoded MQA "noise" is above 16 kHz. I was comparing a 24/96 version of a track that I have versus a TIDAL app MQA track that was being decoded to 24/96. It sounded like the track had been remastered to be much better-sounding.