Posts by Currawong

It amazes me these days how many people do deeply flawed tests and pass off the results as massive generalisations. They don't realise that they are doing practicing "science" at all. The results of a test only apply to the equipment tested under the conditions of the test! I think schools these days should teach kids how not to be duped by everything from fancy packaging, statistics and BS arguments based on flawed tests. Alongside that, they should be taught not to take...
I had a couple of requests to look at the discussion in this thread, so I did, and removed 26 posts which were either off-topic or unwanted arguments.   Some important things to note when writing impressions: It is critically important to state what music you listen to and how loud you listen. This, in my experience makes all the difference between how one feels about a pair of IEMs or headphones. If one of you listens quietly to classical music, for example, you'd...
Japanese households usually don't have grounded sockets available, except for white goods, such as fridges, washing machine and aircon. Since those devices have parts that get wet, the grounding is most important. 
Lately I've been trying to work with a Fujifilm X-T1 because it is lighter and smaller yet can take great low-light photos. However picking up my D750 feels like a huge relief. No screwing around to take a single photo, it just snaps off a bunch perfectly. Now if only Nikon would make an FX mirrorless camera, or even a great DX one.
 So far, with the HE1000's bass becoming more tamed, yet the treble being still bright, I am liking the Brimar 6V6GTs with it. Edit: @KB I can't remember if anyone has asked, but I'm wondering if the 6SN7 slot can have a 6SL7 put in it, or would that have too high an output?
@miceblue  I might report that as a formatting issue with the mobile version. 
I have been slower burning in my pair but the imaging depth seems to be improving with time. Before I was rather disappointed, especially compared to the Ethers, but now they are both more on an even keel. I've been having some "I thought I left my speakers switched on" moments lately. The treble is still a bit on the bright side, even with things warmed up a bit by the Brimar 6V6GTs on the output of the Studio Six.  I'm still not sure that they'll compete with Stax...
 That's correct. For now you can only create threads in this forum. This is for a number of reasons ranging from people creating threads in the wrong forum to problems with spammers. If you create a thread in this forum and it is more appropriate for another forum it will be moved there. Since most new members are asking questions, then the appropriate forum is this one. New threads may take a few hours to approve (depending on which moderators are around) so please be...
While we're at it, since we don't allow people to flip headphones for a profit, and you seem to have bought them recently (going by the other classified you posted asking for a pair) please provide details of how much you paid for them, including a scan or screenshot of the receipt (with personal details blanked out). Thanks.
Please create only one listing.