or Connect

Posts by Currawong

I must have missed the problem, as I updated Audirvana a few days before I updated OSX.    I'm trialling Roon at the moment. I have ZERO pretensions of trying to use it like I would iTunes or Audirvana Plus, but only for TIDAL or having it try and curate my library (ie: play random music I hadn't played before). I was using TIDAL the same way, with a "I'll take my chances on this playlist" method of listening based around genres. I find TIDAL is as hopeless at, say,...
Indeed. I double-checked with Nathan in person about them because I couldn't believe it until I got hold of a 380 to try for myself. The ironic thing is, if it didn't have the balanced output at all, there wouldn't be an issue. Maybe the put all the power into the amp module and focused on low noise levels and long battery life in the built-in amp for IEM users. All the same, it is puzzling why they made it possible for the balanced amp to output a high enough volume that...
Today's desk shot. The Sony NS-ZX2 is in for a week or so while I review the high-res LDAC Bluetooth Sony headphones. The AK380 is the Team Tokyo loaner unit. For the sake of comparisons, the Cozoy Rei (not yet in production) and Chord Mojo are in there for comparison purposes. The Soundaware M1 just received a firmware update as did the X5II.     Rough sound and usage impressions so far:   Cozoy Rei: Joins the Soundaware M1 as a possible Tera Player killer for...
Correct. And the Chord Mojo.
We're going OT here, but if they can barely keep the silver in stock, adding black will NOT make more customers happy. If anything, they've managed to balance it by selling more units that would otherwise be delayed because of imperfect chassis, by taking those imperfect ones and having them anodised black. If they can increase production enough to allow for having two colours, that'd be great, of course.
 Up to a point. If an 8.1 struck 10kms deep in central Tokyo, then nothing would save you. Even if you didn't die, surviving in the immediate aftermath would be extremely difficult.  Thankfully the culture here means that people will be calm and helpful and the self-defence forces are allowed to act immediately when a quake above a certain strength occurs. 
I suggested to Jason he add black to the lineup for products, but if I understand correctly (I'm sure he mentioned it in Schiit Happened) it will add more hassle to have double the SKUs for each product, especially when they've been short of space and been barely able to keep up with current product demand as it is. 
I've had a few surprises these last few months. The first, and most major has been coming across headphones, IEMs, and even earbuds that can produce a clean and clear treble, without harshness. It used to be that as you went down the headphone or IEM line of a manufacturer, the cheaper the product, the nastier the treble. I cynically suspect it was a factor not of it being expensive to manufacturer the higher models, but the necessity of having to sonically differentiate...