or Connect

Posts by Currawong

It's something I've been meaning to write (or make a video) about for some time, but the idea of "need" in the hobby is nonsense. Beyond the basic technical requirements, it is all about how far we wish to take our enjoyment.  For my own satisfaction, I should really sell everything I own that I don't need and buy a Chord DAVE. Now I've had one in my own home for a week I realise now how far things can go. I guess in a way it is like sex: Once you've experienced it, you...
 Not so much that I want more, but I have an AK380 here now, and my main DAC is an Yggdrasil, so maybe that is why.  I am wondering what would happen if they did as Soundaware has and offer a version with upgraded parts for a bit more.  After using the Soundaware M1 Analog version (and maybe the Hifiman HM901 with the balanced amp module) the Mojo does sound rather "dry". It's all relative. Depending what I'm listening with and IEMs or headphones I'm using, I feel I get...
I think that is it, pretty much -- it needs time. I've seen quite a few people buy it, write about how it doesn't sound that special, then after some time using it their brain suddenly clicks.    That's not to say that it's the only product designed where corrected transient timing was considered important, and by far not the only great sounding piece of gear out there.  If there is something to appreciate, it is that it achieved something that is both objectively...
Particularly, it's the restored correct timing information in the music that supposedly is part of what makes the Chord products nice to listen with. Even if it isn't the most resolving DAC I have here, the Mojo seems to make listening enjoyable in a way that wasn't when I had the AK240.    For what it is worth, I like listening with it best from an iPhone or iPad. That has always been when it seems to sound its best. Something I intend to compare is the sound quality...
@AlexMills  I thought you had cut the cables? Why are they still attached in the pictures of them being smashed?
 In Japan you can now try on pretty much every model. They have wipes available to clean them before and afterwards. 
I thought I had my 2006 MacBook Pro running 10.7.5.... I don't know if 10.6.8 will read the cards. Usually they'll appear on the desktop automatically. However, for best results, they need to be re-formatted as FAT first. Android DAPs will read ALAC. iTunes files are just stored in a folder, by default. You don't need to open iTunes at all.
The easy way would be to upgrade the OS on the MacBook as far as it will go, then just copy all the music (from /Users/yourusername/Music/iTunes) onto a micro SD card to go in whatever DAP you choose.    However, you'll need to re-format the micro SD card to "FAT" format in Disk Utility first, as some DAPs don't read ExFAT drives, which most micro SD cards come formatted as nowadays.
Talk about a necro thread bump! These are the answer: http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/aes-ebu-impedance-transformers/ You only need to find the particular one you need (ie: plug and socket polarity) and search for the model number on Amazon or similar.
No, that's the end of discussion of that brand here.