or Connect

Posts by Currawong

I just lent my HD800s to Anakchan, just as I discovered the right combo which would probably suit them.  What music are you listening to?
I'm using active speakers in my living room, spaced quite a bit apart with other electronics around, so there's benefit to me using the NFB1AMP as a pre-amp.
There wont be any player that can improve Bluetooth transmission, unless both the player and headset use APTX and what you're using now doesn't.
I moved your question to a dedicated thread.   Try contacting Oliver via PM:   http://www.head-fi.org/u/277285/epiphany-oliver
I'm liking the HE1000 pairing with the slightly warmer Brimar 6V6GTs. I'm getting a lot of that surreal bass that feels like you have a subwoofer connected.
I hadn't done exhibitors and sponsors when I posted, only the list of people third_eye posted on the first page. Tracking every account of every exhibitor will take forever.   So far with the badges: They'll stay in your signature for about a month before and a couple of weeks after the meet, then reside only in your profile, so as not to clutter things up.
With what headphones? And music? And how loud are you listening? For example, there was a member on here not too long ago who was using TOTL headphones out of his iPhone, much to everyone's offence. However, he strictly only ever listens to music not above 70dBs! So amping the iPhone ended up being completely pointless for him, as at that volume there was no discernable benefit. Back to the actual question, given Kingwa's focus on making balanced amps, with TOTL headphones...
Regarding balanced amps: Deciding to make a differential amp is a circuit design choice, just like deciding to use a tube gain stage, negative feedback, opamps, all discrete circuits, or use any particular topology as opposed to any other. It becomes a significant choice for us because it affects the cabling of our headphones. Extensive analysis of the merits or otherwise of a design wont change how it performs, only our individual biases based on other peoples' arguments....
 The difference is a single plug. 
 Nice! I had similar luck a few years ago when the flight path took a nice direction on a day with good weather here in Japan: